New member, here is my setup

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I second the Sawyer Permithin! The army treats all it's uniforms in areas with Malaria with it to protect the troops from mosquities. It works with ticks also. Buy it from Amazon or outdoor stores. Spray your clothes it and let it totally dry. That's it, you are done. Do your pants and socks and ticks can't climb up from below. I'd also put a velcro strip around the bottom of the pants and draw it tight.

I've used this mosquito shirt and it works really well. It does make you a little warmer though so may not work for you.
http://www.amazon.com/Coghlans-0057-Bug-Jacket-Medium/dp/B000NDWOH6/
Bob

differently said:
Sorry I haven't updated in a few days. I have been very busy at work. My first week is coming to an end and I have learned a lot and am finally getting adjusted to the lifestyle. With the exception of my first night, I have spent every night this past week sleeping outside of my storage unit. It has been so nice to have a place to sleep that hasn't hassled me for being there and I have even been able to run an extension cord from my unit to inside my truck :D

It has been rough getting used to sleeping on the cot, but not impossible. In fact last night I slept like a rock and woke up at 9:00am feeling fully refreshed. The biggest obstacle for me has been staying clean. I have been taking every opportunity to clean some part of my body. Usually this has meant washing my hair in random restrooms, using a bunch of baby wipes, and using a water canister in the back of my truck to brush my teeth. This all changed today though because I discovered what I would consider a God send. I woke up this morning and after brushing my teeth and wiping down with baby wipes I decided to hit up the a local skate park at the community center. After skating for a few hours I decided to go jump in the pool. I payed to enter and noticed instantly that they had a bath house!! I went straight to it, stripped of my clothes and took a real shower!! It was the best shower of my life and the best $2.50 I ever spent. I didn't even use the pool after that. I will be returning there often.

On another note, in fear that management might eventually tell me I can't camp there, I posted an ad on Craigslist. I posted looking for someone who would be willing to let me camp in there driveway and run an extension cord to power my fan and charge batteries for a small monthly fee. Well this morning while I was skating I got a reply. A very nice lady who lives just outside of town said I could stay in her driveway until the end of the year and run an extension cord. All she asked is that I help her with some yard work.

This is turning out to be a very good Saturday.
Great ideas, glad it worked out so well! I'll certainly be able to use them in the future.

Pops said:
Great ideas, glad it worked out so well! I'll certainly be able to use them in the future. Sorry forgot to identify myself, Pops.