Netgear Unite Explore

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitewolf

Reaction score
Just my experience. For the price it seems to work pretty darn good. We've been doing the Appalachians for the last two months from NY to WV. There were six camping spots where my phone said "No Service". In five of them the AT&T Netgear Unite Explore with the small stick on MIMO antenna came through great. We'll see what happens when we get out West for the winter.

On the Wifi end, the Halo Optimizer seems to work just fine. It's just that most free WiFi is so bad that it often doesn't seem worth the trouble. Might as well stick with the cell.

Happy trails.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

My experience out west with AT&T has been great with the exception of near the Grand Canyon where the current solutions did not roam on the private towers. My Mobley would have roamed so I would not have noticed had I had it at the time.

I've never heard of this before, "AT&T Netgear Unite Explore with the small stick on MIMO antenna." Can you give us a basic rundown of it?

Maybe their Internet is spotty and they can't respond.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

akrvbob said:
I've never heard of this before, "AT&T Netgear Unite Explore with the small stick on MIMO antenna." Can you give us a basic rundown of it?
Sorry I thought this was out there. I'm 67 and knew it. AT&T's air card hot spot Unite Explore with Netgear's 6000450 MIMO antenna that sticks on a window with suction cups. I move it from one side of the coach to the other depending where the antennae are. I got them from Amazon for under $200. We've been full timing for two months now and it's been great. My phone, laptop, tablet and my son's Play Station all use it daily. There are probably better and cheaper alternatives but for me easy-peasy. Of course I'm on AT&T unlimited and that has been fine too. Thank goodness cause I have issues with Verizon.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk