Need Information

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roaddog

Reaction score
I know what I want done to convert my Ram Promaster 2500, but I have no desire to do the work myself. I've searched the Internet for someone in Texas (Dallas area) who could do the work but have had no success. Do any of you have any suggestions? Thanks for any help you can give.

roaddog said:
I know what I want done to convert my Ram Promaster 2500, but I have no desire to do the work myself. I've searched the Internet for someone in Texas (Dallas area) who could do the work but have had no success.  Do any of you have any suggestions?  Thanks for any help you can give.

http://www.sportsmobile.com/contact/ is located in Austin, TX.  You might try there.  My cousin had a van conversion done there to her specs years ago and was very happy with it.

If you're willing to drive to Colorado Springs I'd be willing to do it. Work is a little slow right now so I have some time. Sportsmobie does very nice work also, but they sometimes can be pricey.

Me Me Me!!    ;)

Masterplumber does great work.

If I had the money, I would not hesitate to let him do anything on my vehicles.  For some strange reason he used the exact same parts I did for his build. 

Most of it is basic carpentry that any handyman can do. If you can get a recommendation of a good handyman, show him pictures of a conversion you like, he could do the whole build. He may not be able to do the 12 volt though, you may have to get that done somewhere else.
Bob

Pricey?  Yes, I gulped a few times when I looked at their website and pondered on putting the link on this forum!  Lol.   $34,000 for one of the packages? Too rich for my blood!

If I ever need something done, I plan on tracking some of the guys on here down!  I'm sure that I would get quality work!

The trick is finding someone with the time. Most vandwellers that have the tools also have other employment.

I plan to have a ladder rack installed on the roof of my van and then buy panels, batteries, etc. to have solar power. I read the excellent articles about installing solar power, and I understand a little of it. However, at some point during the reading, my mind fogs over. Therefore, I am trying to find someone who understands such things to install the system for me.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge from roaddog, who plans to hit the road full-time next year.

I am right now taking a break from resetting my roof mount panel. Once I am done I will post pictures on how it was done.

I too need to remove my panels and detail the roof. It hasn't been rubbed out or had a clay bar on it since it was new. This needs to be done now that the rack and panels are up, should have first but you know how it is when you have something new and want to get it in action LOL.

When I do I will take the time to photograph everything and document it. Might not be in your time frame but then again...it might.

Bela said:
Pricey?  Yes, I gulped a few times when I looked at their website and pondered on putting the link on this forum!  Lol.   $34,000 for one of the packages? Too rich for my blood!

If I ever need something done, I plan on tracking some of the guys on here down!  I'm sure that I would get quality work!

Too pricey for me, too. I plan to keep things very simple for the interior of the van. My main concern is getting the solar power and batteries installed. I'm going to have a couple of things done first though. Hope you're having a great day!