Natural health expert and Mercola.com founder Dr. Joseph Mercola interviews Dr. Jason

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver

Reaction score
I’ve started the Fasting Diet.
I usually skip Breakfast.
I only eat 1-2 x / day.
For dinner i usualy eat
  • [size=small]1 chicken leg stir fry[/size]
  • [size=small]Tomato / lettuce[/size]
  • [size=small]½ bowl rice[/size]
Dr. Mercola Interviews Dr. Jason Fung (Full Interview)
Natural health expert and Mercola.com founder Dr. Joseph Mercola interviews Dr. Jason Fung about fasting.

What would work for me is eat at 5 am & 10am/11am, and not again until morning 5 am.

Why do U eat @ 10:30 am ?

I'm gearing up for Ramadan &
I think its fascinating how  people can go most of the day
without eating.
I think they're allowed to eat only @ 7 pm & 3 am . .
cfce73_03b751d09af340de91ee39cfcbc92674%7Emv2.jpg

"Ramadan is a holy month of fasting, introspection and prayer for Muslims, the followers of Islam.
Fasting is one of the five fundamental principles of Islam.
Each day during Ramadan, Muslims do not eat or drink from sunrise to sunset."

What Happens to Your Body When You Fast (During Ramadan)

Mercola is mostly an anti-science quack.

It's interesting though that after 200,000 years of trying to establish food security in human society, it's now hip to NOT eat. Definitely a First World idea. Those who really CAN'T eat every day, don't find it very appealing.

Silver said:
I’ve started the Fasting Diet.
I usually skip Breakfast.
I only eat 1-2 x / day.
For dinner i usualy eat
  • [size=small]1 chicken leg stir fry[/size]
  • [size=small]Tomato / lettuce[/size]
  • [size=small]½ bowl rice[/size]
Looks like you will be hungry a lot.  Where's the fat?  I went Ketogenic and easily lost 25 pounds in 6 months, never hungry.  You might want to check it out.  I know 2 websites to refer you to if you are interested.  They keep track of your macros - you just type in what you ate, and the other tells you what macros you should eat. Let me know if u are interested.  Good luck.

Meanwhile, other dietary experts say to "graze" — eating small amounts every couple of hours. They say fasting or skipping meals puts the body in famine mode where it stores the nutrients it gets as fat for later use. And others say the key to not being hungry is eating slowly-metabolizing foods, like beans and meat. And still others say eat what you want, just burn up more calories than you take in.

mild fasting not for weight lose but to clean the innards is a good thing

Gary68 said:
mild fasting not for weight lose but to clean the innards is a good thing

The stuff you need to drink before a colonoscopy will clean your innards much faster. :D

"graze" — eating small amounts every couple of hours.
I did this for yrs.
Ending up eating too much & gaining
12 lb of xtra fat. & gettin Pre Diabetes.

So now i’m trying the Fasting Diet.
My waist line is slimmer already & its only been 4 days.
It’s like I’m in a competition with myself to push away the
Hunger feelings.

I just bought organic Okra for $5.
Put it in the slow cooker w/ a lil soy sauce & garlic powder.

Your blood type can help determine genetically how your body processes food. For instance, I can't go without meat because I'm O+.

Where's the fat?
In the Chicken Skin.
I should B eating more Avocadoes & Butter.

Ketogenic : yes I’ve heard a lot of good stuf about this

“can't go without meat because I'm O+”
I guess Vegan is out for U then . .

Dr. Mercola still thinks iodine is toxic. That was refuted in 2005 by Dr. Guy Abraham when he discovered the original 'study' in 1948 had been falsified.

TrainChaser said:
Dr. Mercola still thinks iodine is toxic.  That was refuted in 2005 by Dr. Guy Abraham when he discovered the original 'study' in 1948 had been falsified.

Mercola is also an anti-vaxx quack who thinks vaccines are harmful. There is no scientific evidence at all for that, and the ONLY study which so concluded was withdrawn by the journal who published it, and the author had his medical credential revoked for using fraudulent data.

Most "natural medicine" quacks do no real harm, and just separate the gullible from their money. But the anti-vaxxers KILL PEOPLE with their dumbfuckery. They get no nice-nice from me at all.