Natural Bridge State Park, Slade KY a must see!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riley_Vanner

Reaction score
This Past August a Friend and I went camping in KY and stayed at Natural bridge state park in the Middle fork Loop! the Sites are very clean and the Campground host (I believe his name is rich?) was very helpful and Amazing to us during our stay. I think the only downside, no fault of their own is the Horsefly infestation that they have to deal with. We'd pull into our site and for some reason they would attack our car everytime lol But other than that, it was amazing. I would definitely stay there again. I paid 117.00 for a week with a AAA discount and mamaged to get an electric site with water also. Definitely a reccommended site and the activities are amazing too! Check out the Gorge underground and Zipline!

Those horseflies are always doing that. Nothing worse than pulling up and have them on the windshield looking in at you daring you to get out!

I’m in Ky...

All of the red river gorge is an amazing place. Lots of caverns and natural arches. Free boondocking at caverun lake (paragon dispersed area). As well the southern daniel boone NF has several free campgrounds (little lick, great meadows) and plenty to see being adjacent to big south fork.

I wonder if the sandwich baggie 3/4 full of water and placed around camp works with horse flies as well as it seems to work with regular flies. The lady that owns kickstand lodge has them all around the kitchen area and she swears by them. never saw a fly there either.