My Adventure at Machine Gun America

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lenny flank

Reaction score
I was walking down Irlo Bronson Highway to the McDonalds for breakfast when I happened to see a billboard that stopped me in my tracks. Above me was a photo of a buxom young blonde cradling a Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW) and a belt of ammo in her hands. “Machine Gun America!” the sign screamed. “Shoot real machine guns! 1/2 mile ahead on the right!” It was almost enough to make me swell out my chest, hum the national anthem, and yell at the sky, “America, **** yeh !!!”

How could I pass that up?

Rest of the story here:

https://lennyflank.wordpress.com/2018/02/03/my-adventure-at-machine-gun-america-orlando/

Nice post. There are places to shoot like that in Las Vegas, but I've never been. Kind of funny to see the food trucks out front in the picture; spend the day shooting stuff full auto then relax outside with something deep fried from the roach coach!

You do have some complex views on gun laws. Usually stuff you read on the internet is one way or the other.

Travelmonkey said:
You do have some complex views on gun laws.  Usually stuff you read on the internet is one way or the other.

I always get shit from both sides.  :) But that is a discussion for another forum.

As for the greasy food--well, I was after all heading to MCDONALD'S.  ;)

"...grew up in a house without an indoor toilet) and hunting was a way to put meat in the spaghetti sauce. I learned to shoot by hunting groundhogs, and since I was a pretty good shot, we always had meat in the spaghetti..."

I enjoyed that excerpt from your entry. Good illustration of what it means growing up in a rural area vs having a Starbucks on every corner.

For my brother's bachelor party we went to a gun range once that offered renting full autos. They had two submachine options, a Thompson and an Uzi. We said we'd take both. The clerk hesitated for a moment, turned around and said, "Can we do that? Rent both of the submachine guns at once? We've never done that before. Sure, why not."

Sounds like fun, but given the insane cost of ammo these days, firing a machine gun could get expensive fast!  :s

Alas, the expense is not due to the cost of ammo. You only get 25 rounds... not even a full mag.