Mushroom Danger

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Optimistic Paranoid

Reaction score
Saw an article on the TV news today.

Thanks to all the El Nino rain, California is enjoying a bumper crop of a poison mushroom called Deathcap Mushrooms.  5 people in CA have already died from eating them this spring.

Personally, I don't worry about idiots that go around consuming poisonous fungus they happen to find growing in the dirt.  I figure they are candidates for Darwin Awards anyway.

But the story also mentioned that some dogs have been known to eat these mushrooms and die also. So I wanted to warn you that if you've got a beloved dog, you need to be careful about this. 

http://www.vetstreet.com/our-pet-experts/5-common-mushrooms-that-can-poison-your-pet

Regards
John

Optimistic Paranoid said:
Saw an article on the TV news today.

Thanks to all the El Nino rain, California is enjoying a bumper crop of a poison mushroom called Deathcap Mushrooms.  5 people in CA have already died from eating them this spring.

Personally, I don't worry about idiots that go around consuming poisonous fungus they happen to find growing in the dirt.  I figure they are candidates for Darwin Awards anyway.

But the story also mentioned that some dogs have been known to eat these mushrooms and die also. So I wanted to warn you that if you've got a beloved dog, you need to be careful about this. 

http://www.vetstreet.com/our-pet-experts/5-common-mushrooms-that-can-poison-your-pet

Regards
John

One thing I learned growing up in N~CA, was it is 100 times safer to handle a snake than eat a wild mushroom.

smoking-skull-and-cloud-mushroom-tattoo-design.jpg

The only mushrooms I pick are morels....they taste the best and are easy to identify. But thanks for the info about dogs eating mushrooms! Never knew that.

Latest posts