Most shocking realization?? Lions Tigers Bears oh...MY!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD GUMBEE

Reaction score
sitting on a river-bridge playing the banjo...
When all of us leave whatever place used to tether you...there is a transformation that happens in that first few months.
You either like it...or you do not.
We all learn new things, however.

Can you remember the most shocking "Holy Shkrite, Batman! I was wrong about that" moment(s)??

I thought Mrs G and I would get inspected and searched every 150 miles...but not much LEO hassles at all.
In fact, what is considered and old Santa-looking hipster-freak in Bible Belt VA, fits in as one of the more "normal" people in Cali...even while toking a doobie on Venture Beach in a tie dye surrounded by a dog pack. (This would be front page-news in our docking station. Those DIRTY hippies. Laws, beatings, pepper spray...and STILL they keep coming back! How long has Garcia been dead dammit??)

Mrs G thought most out West would have million dollar rigs and the ignoramus attitude that goes with it...but we found nearly all of those mid-life crisis "I-have-a-small-penis" machines were stuffed like anchovies into pricey "exclusive" RV parks. Turned out...we saw very few of them.
The ones that did venture into "boondocking land" did not let the pricey pusher add 'snob' to their personality profile. It was refreshing. Even in a Prevost, they were just old hipster freaks like us. (It thawed my frozen heart.)

The strangest thing of all, was trying to figure out how we could have burned through all that time.
Days turn into months too damned quickly.

...and sitting here, ready to hit enter...this old freak would very much like another serving of RV life before "dessert," thank you very much. ;)

Don't get too excited.  Being unfairly judged is only a moment away.  Yesterday abnorm and I were hanging at a dog park in AZ when some ignorant jackass in a brodozer drove by and yelled "GET A JOB ASSHOLE!" out the window.

Abnorm is retired.   :s

I am not sure I should but I just have to ask, what is a "brodozer." highdesertranger

A diesel dirtbag with huge pipes and other unnecessary bling to make his mall crawler look cool. They think its a /flex moment to roll coal on Prius drivers.

Headache said:
 Yesterday abnorm and I were hanging at a dog park in AZ when some ignorant jackass in a brodozer drove by and yelled "GET A JOB ASSHOLE!" out the window.

A while ago I was sitting in the grass at a parking lot pecking away on my laptop when a church van pulled up and a couple people tried to hand me a bag of food. I told them I appreciated the gesture, but give it to someone who actually needs it, because I don't.

I guess maybe I should shave more often.  :)