MeerKat anyone?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tav-2020

Reaction score
Just stumbled across this out on the interwebs, a Little Guy MeerKat. Little Guy started the T@Bs I believe and then sold off brand.
https://www.meerkattrailers.com/

Has anyone actually seen one of these anywhere? It seems like they can only be purchased in San Diego...or maybe the fad has passed and they are no longer?
It reminds me of a truncated VW bus, but that's not a bad thing!

Never seen one before. The idea is neat, I understand the idea of the little pop up area, where its positioned in the kitchen area. I feel like maybe too much thought when into that part, when it seems they could have just raised the whole roof a few inches, and still kept the trailer very light. I can't seem to find any pricing on them. But the idea that you could tow it with almost anything is great.

highdesertranger said:
I would hate to break one of those odd shape windows.  highdesertranger

i thought the front ones were probably plexi...but i can not find any real specs anywhere. am thinking this is a waste of time down a meerkat hole :(

WanderLoveJosh said:
Never seen one before. .... I can't seem to find any pricing on them. But the idea that you could tow it with almost anything is great.

i can only find refs to them from 2016, and nothing else anywhere...one price ref was ~17K, which is high for what you get, other than the LACK of weight.
am guessing they just did not catch on

Found a reference to this thing dated in March of 2017. MSRP is $17,820

I did read the owners manual I found online. Your right Tav it seems to be overpriced.
Grey Water dumps to the outside ground.
It depends HEAVILY upon being connected to shore power.
Comes with a single burner campstove which they tell you to remove and use outside the trailer.
House battery they include is 35 ah.
Has a pump faucet over sink - manual recommends 2.5 gallon jug of water from grocery store as fresh water tank - there is none in trailer.

For the price you could probably buy a good used converted van. There are none I can find listed for sale used. So either they are so good no one gets rid of them or no one buys the so there simple are no used one.

I love the MeerKat trailers!

They're small and light enough that I could tow one with my little four cylinder Kia, plus it would fit in my garage when not in use. However, as geogentry pointed out, they're expensive. They are also an almost exact duplicate of, if I remember correctly, a European trailer that was manufactured forty or so years ago, the name of which escapes me at the moment.

Little Guy Trailers has a dealership focused on small trailers in the San Diego, California area that sells them. I've been there. They also sell T@B's, A-liners and various teardrops.

http://littleguytrailers.com/