Looking to Repair or Upgrade Your Van?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etrailer

Reaction score
Hey, folks! We’re thrilled to be a new sponsor for Van Living Forums. We’re etrailer.com, a family-owned online retailer who supplies all the essentials for van life, camping, and life outdoors. This includes generators, solar setups, kitchen equipment, cargo solutions, bedroom essentials, and much more. Whether you’re starting from scratch, looking for your next upgrade, or trying to find that replacement part, we’re here to get you where you want to go.

But enough about us. We want to hear from you! Gear up for your next adventure at etrailer.com, or let us know below if you have any questions (or if you’ve just got a cool pic to share. We love sharing).

Thank you for the exceptional documentation and how-to videos on your site. I recommend Etrailer regularly/

To better serve the vandweller/RVer market please consider allowing the option of shipping to General Delivery addresses, for established customers as least. Many of us travel fulltime and General Delivery at the closest USPS is a lifeline. If it's the card processor that requires "a physical address" perhaps we could pay with money order, paypal, or something else the processor doesn't control. Picking up from the PO requires presenting ID so it's not like a rando could pick it up. Safer than being on a residential porch, IMO.

Example: my last order (maxxfan motor MA10-20968 in March, Feedback 5870904:4230491) had to come from another vendor. I was camped in the boonies when the motor died, nowhere near a physical address.

Being a retired postal employee, I highly recommend that you touch base with the post off you what to use for general delivery.. Often general delivery parcels are returned to sender after about a week instead of the required holding period. Letting them know you are expecting a package and giving them a contact phone number leads to a more reliable and timely delivery.

Being a retired postal employee, I highly recommend that you touch base with the post off you what to use for general delivery.. Often general delivery parcels are returned to sender after about a week instead of the required holding period. Letting them know you are expecting a package and giving them a contact phone number leads to a more reliable and timely delivery.
I do contact the PO and pick up in a timely manner.

But "returned after a week" problem only comes into play if we can actually get stuff shipped to General Delivery in the first place. The play, as they say, is at first base.

All post offices have general delivery. If it's a small office or new staff is when you usually run into issues. The office is rated on it's scanning performance and a general delivery usually ends with a delivery failure because it's nto delivered in a timely manner (three days). So the offices want to get rid of them. Knowing someone is going to come pick it up soon makes them more comfortable with processing it.

I have zero issues with the Post Office or with General Delivery. The issue I am raising is @etrailer not shipping to General Delivery. Per etrailer's support, "we do not offer general deliveries, only to a physical address."

I have zero issues with the Post Office or with General Delivery. The issue I am raising is @etrailer not shipping to General Delivery. Per etrailer's support, "we do not offer general deliveries, only to a physical address."
Cheat on the address.... Suite 101 and the general delivery address...just let the mailbox guy know your expecting package..I have done that with packages for over two years now.

Hey....

I get UPS and FedEx Delivered to me at General Delivery...
Since both UPS and FedEx have delivery to USPS.... If you have a PO Box there is a form to fill out and you can use the Post Office Address and UPS and FedEx can drop off. Especially done for people who have no street address.

They do not have a form for General Delivery but my Postmaster has no issues with me doing it....

You might want to inquire because it really solved lots of shipping issues

Mine looks like this
Joe Blow
123 4th Ave - General Delivery
Anywhere, USA 87577

i have rented a UPS ST\tore Box for years now, They can use Suite # or Apt # in the address. I costs about $20.mo. They will also forward--open & scan etc. for an extra fee. You cannot use it as a domicile, however. The govt knows where these forwarding services are located. A friend may be your best choice--free or cheaper,

Something you might try. Contact the post office you want to ship to and let them know you have a package coming. Then instead of using "general delivery" use the address.......POB 9998. This is an active delivery at all offices and is used for mail being sent to the post office staff.