Looking for-Low Use, Low Cost phone plan

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firtree

Reaction score
Know here we are looking for low cost Unlimited date plans but some must have parent, siblings, Auntie, Uncle, friend needing a low use, low cost plan

I have such a situation. Setup Auntie with a Tracfone $20 card, flip phone many years ago. On Verizon network great for location and use. 
Phone (3G) expected to die in Dec. 2019 so need a new phone and maybe a new phone plan still on Verizon network. 
Think they might like a smartphone as easier to text. Maybe read a book listen to audiobook, take better pictures. 
Think phone minutes and number of texts 250 each per month would be good. She has a landline for home. Would need some level of data as they would likely want to read email on a trip or look at a map, Waze once they got use to a smartphone. She likes the Amazon Fire tablet I got last Fall and use for email, Netflix, ebook, some surfing. 

I’ve used Totalwireless, PagePlus, RedPocket all on Verizon but don’t know if there is something better in the low cost, low use range. 

And I need some ideas for a decent phone, good antenna, if such a thing exists anymore, as they live in rural area. Not huge phone as Auntie is 5’1”. 

Since I’ll be footing the bill for phone and service would prefer best cost. Rather give her the extra $ for something fun like food or heat/AC. 

Thanks for input

if she is "low income" she could do the PC's for people thing. i think they have a cell phone plan. i just did the hotspot and make calls via google voice

Might qualify but thought PCs for People used Sprint?

Because of location and areas she often travels needs Verizon.
Part of country with civilization but weird Cellular service

yes, using sprint. and only native 4g LTE sprint towers, no roaming no 3g so service is limited. i get by with the hotspot and a booster but there are lots of places in the woods i am out of range