Living on the road...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtreembob

Reaction score
Greetings!
I've decided to upgrade from tenting to a mini teardrop trailer. My sisters told me about this group so decided to join. The information that Bob posted is extremely helpful to us newbies. My new trailer will be ready in October. I'll be migrating south from upstate NY after Thanksgiving.

HI....teardrop is nice. Congrats! gets ya off the ground and in big rain storms that always is a good thing :)
One reason we dropped the tent was we got caught in massive big storm and boy, everything was so soaked for days on end so at that point I looked at hubby and said TRUCK CAMPER and we got one and I never went back on the ground :)

Enjoy your travels heading South. So much to do and see along the way, enjoy the journey!!

Welcome Bob to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

Congratulations on your upgrade! Tent camping is an option but it can be a struggle, especially if you have a windy winter in the Southwest Desert. The folks that have teardrops seem to rave about them. 

I think taking conservative steps by starting with the tent, then the teardrop is a wise way to get out on the road. You will learn what works best for you as you go along. 

Safe and Happy Travels!

Welcome to the forum, Bob. The teardrop trailer is a nice option, and definitely a step up from the tent. I considered buying one and did some research on them last year.