Living in a tent and my car

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reuven

Reaction score
Hello my name is Reuven. I"m 69 years old, I retired 15 years ago and went to Israel to see the Holy Land and through a series of circumstances I decided to go back and ended up staying 10 years, off and on. I came back to the States roughly 5 years ago and decided living in a house or apartment the rest of my life didn't sound very fulfilling. so after punching in "Living on the road" on the internet I seeing how a number of people are traveling and actually living on the road permanently I decided that until I'm able to go back to Israel, after this virus settles down, I'm going to travel, camping out at all these free camp sites, that I never dreamt existed. That's the plan. I took the passenger and back seats out of my 2003 Lincoln Town car and except for not having the room that I'd like to have it's perfect.

Roughly 40 some years ago God, Yahuweh, got a hold of my life and things were never the same since. My goal is living for God and meeting like minded people. I'm very much a believer in the Messiah Yahoshua (Je-us) and try to live the life that he lived when he walked the earth.

As much as I like discussing the Scriptures I NEVER push it on any one or talk about it with people that rather not talk about it. So please don't let anything I said here cause you to think that if we met it would be a bible study, unless of course you wanted it to be.

And that pretty much sums it up. So now it's camping out, living in nature and loving it. I thank God every morning that I'm still able to sleep in a tent, hike and enjoy what's left of the undisturbed portion of the planet, the National Forest and the BLM lands. Traveling like this is all brand new to me so every day is a learning experience.

I'm planing on being at the RTR at Quartzsite in January, hope to see you there. Reuven

Welcome to the CRVL forums Reuven! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome Reuben- welcome to the forum. What area do you hail from. I am in PA near Hershey but moving on soon. Been full-time in since June one and part time in three years before. We have a similar Bent in life but I have all sorts of health issues. My spirit is only at peace when I am out in nature fellow shipping with my creator. I’m not an evangelist not even a preacher not even a good Christian. But I know where peace and satisfaction can be found for me. Hope to meet you on the road. God bless the nomads all of them

Hi Reuben, I appreciate the simplicity of car camping. Your Lincoln Town car is ideal. I've heard that they are reliable and well built. Taking out the front passenger and back seats opens up the interior and you still have the trunk for storage. Good car camping tents have have space to stand up in, room to sleep on a cot, and folding chairs to sit in. I'm 73 and usually get leg cramps crawling out of a little tent. My opinion is that the expense and mechanical uncertainty of a used van and the money, skill, and energy required for a competent van build doesn't work for me. I trust your Lincoln or my 2000 Buick Park Avenue more than a used work van. Just my opinion. Used cars are more plentiful and you could switch out to another one easily if car camping.

I hope you keep us informed as you travel. Living in the Holy Land must have been an incredible experience.

In the early seventies I removed all but my drivers side seat in a 1970 Datsun 510. I custom cut several pieces of plywood that went the length of the passenger side floor. Being a youngster I slept well on that plywood in my sleeping bag. Now I will need a several pieces of foam. But I had the option of sleeping in my car or a tent depending on the circumstances.