Kindle Unlimited Users Can Get A Free Road Pro 12v Cooking Lunch Box

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see the lunchbox on that link, just a cookbook.

You'd have to be getting a lot of ebooks to make Kindle Unlimited worthwhile, even with a free oven. But maybe the math works out for you.

As I explained to a friend who was surprised I didn't have Amazon Prime so I could get free shipping, I only order from Amazon three or four times a year, so my shipping is less than Amazon Prime. On the other hand, he was ordering almost weekly, sometimes several times a week if he was working on a project, so it made sense for him.

As for the RoadPro oven, I had one. It drew too much power from my house system, and unlike the truckers who are constantly driving, I couldn't run it off my starter battery. Besides, there's no temperature control, and it tended to overheat the bottom of things and underheat the tops. For example, when baking biscuits, the bottoms would burn before the tops were cooked. And if it's something like stew, it's easier for me to heat it in a pot on the stove. Some people are happy with them, though.

Oops, looks like it's a free cookbook, not the box, I'm a bit embarrassed here! smh

MrNoodly said:
As for the RoadPro oven, I had one. It drew too much power from my house system, and unlike the truckers who are constantly driving, I couldn't run it off my starter battery. Besides, there's no temperature control, and it tended to overheat the bottom of things and underheat the tops. For example, when baking biscuits, the bottoms would burn before the tops were cooked. And if it's something like stew, it's easier for me to heat it in a pot on the stove. Some people are happy with them, though.

A couple of strips of tin foil rolled up to hold thing off the bottom works well.  They were never intended for stationary use.  Great to have a hot meal at the end of a driving day.  Saying that, I did give mine away and got a 12V crock pot.  Roast beef and potatoes at the end of a long drive or chili?  I use the convection oven for biscuits and such.  Pizza anyone?

Back to Kindle.  I have Prime and get some free kindle books.  I just get the ones that appeal to me for free.

Back to Kindle…
I have subscribed to Kindle Unlimited before which is access to a massive number of books (10 at a time) for an extra $10 month. I did not quite read enough to justify the extended cost. However occasionally Amazon has a product promotion that gives you 3 free months or so of Kindle Unlimited. When you go to cancel, they will offer a discount or lately another free month to stay.

Last time I did this I loaded up on 10 books and now have kept my Kindle on airplane mode for months as I work my way through these books. No WiFi, no way for the books to be automatically deleted when Unlimited subscription expires.

With Amazon Prime only there are thousands Kindle books available to buy for $0, $2, etc. Often the first in a series. I presume from authors who want more exposure. There are also ways to side load free books from other websites.

Meanwhile, I also have a Kindle Fire tablet which can be had for as little as $60. Amazon used to allow Prime members to download a free book per month (Lending Library). Recently I noticed they changed (or added?) this to something called Prime Reading. This allows access to a 1000 or so books and magazines 10 at a time.

IMHO the Amazon Prime/Kindle/Kindle Fire combo is a great value.