Joing a Cavavan

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Melissa

Reaction score
Hi my name is Melissa and I am travelling with my domestic partner Rick. We are currently at 2019 RTR, we are using a car and tent. We want to continue on after this . We thought about Craggy Wash, Anza Borrego, Lake Havasu and Yuma ,possibly Parker. Because we are tent camping we are more limited than folks with vehicles. We are interested in possibly joining a caravan or a group of people. We are middle aged and planning on making this our lifestyle for awhile eventually getting into a vehicle. Has anyone been to above mentioned places or have any recommendations that would work with tent camping. Please contact us at [email protected] or [email protected] or on this forum. Thanks !

Hi Melissa, my name is John. Your message is a week old so i don't know whether you already found somewhere to go, but in the last few days of the RTR Bob announce that the caravans would continue year round since the first two last fall were such a success. He published a schedule here https://www.cheaprvliving.com/caravans/caravan-locations/

I am currently with caravan 1 in Ehrenburg. Lots of wide open space and plenty of room for everyone. Friendly people, so far (we just gathered yesterday 1/21 so i haven't met everyone yet). There are approx twenty of us here today. There are a variety of rigs including someone in a tent. 

If you are looking for camaraderie, consider joining one of the caravans?

I just stayed at Craggy Wash, near Lake Havasu City and realized it is an excellent location for tent camping.  Hope you get a chance to visit there.