J&B MAILROOM

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Danny, I'm already paperless. I saw a lot of vacant land in Pahrump last time I was there. I'm not in a position to buy one even if I wanted to.

AnFear said:
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This is a quote from Priscilla.  Am hopeful it'll help all those that read this.

[font=wf_segoe-ui_normal,]The brochure will be enclosed with your mail.  The business name is  Mail Messages and More at 1970 N Leslie, Pahrump NV  775-727-6222.[/font]

The link is:
http://nvmailforwarding.com/

I don't really care for the variable pricing as that doesn't truly account for mail "volume", though beggars can't be choosers at this stage.

Not sure who the other mail service is that wayne49 mentioned.

There are also a few in Vegas, one where get a regular street address (I am NOT endorsing this place):
https://www.maillinkplus.com/

Don't use an empty lot.

If you have too, "move" again quick as you can.

John61CT said:
Don't use an empty lot.

If you have too, "move" again quick as you can.
Find a vacant abandoned home then, (the mail box would still be there). Then DMV can send your license there. If you check the mail box for mail addressed to you it is not tampering with the mail. I think Bob mentions this in one of his videos. Your mailing address can be different than your domicile address.

Where is everyone supposed to move to? If it is federal regulations requiring banks to have a psychical address, that would apply to every State. If you can no longer use the address of your mail server for domiclie, you will need to come up with an address from somewhere. Can they all come and live with you?

The NV DMV will send your license, title, and registration to a mailbox.
A physical address is only used on the face of the DL.
Tip: Make sure that your Nevada vehicle insurance has the same physical address on the insurance card. That makes the insurance card usable to verify physical address.
There is the possibility in the surveillance state the USA has become that if there was a record of illegal activity at a physical address, you could be linked to that activity in some deep data search by some mindless machine intelligence.
Cleaner to do 30 days at an RV park.
The DMV techs do not really care about RealID. They just want to have all the necessary boxes checked.

DannyB1954 said:
Find a vacant abandoned home then, (the mail box would still be there).
Can they all come and live with you?
IMO everyone should obtain a valid S&B residential address for legal domicile purposes.

And IMO a commercial service cannot provide a secure one, and that has been true for years.

Trusted and stable family member or friend, if you don't have one then make one.

Or many use a campground, 30-day receipt.

Worst case one provided for the homeless by charity or social services.

Florida accommodates with a court declaration.

Lots if solutions.

But the empty lot or house approach, I can see big red flags raised if you're caught, even charges, sort of thing criminals resort to.

Nevada procedure gives an acceptable way to get "legal residency" for RealID. 30 days in a motel or RV park. After that they couldn't care less.

They will do everything by mail to any mailing address.

Consider it just another government tax. Pay to play. Pretty much normal in the USA. Keep telling yourselves "at least we're not third world where they have to pay bribes to cops".

Doing other than the accepted official procedure opens one up to issues. You do not have to be devious. $220 one time. Use forever. No worry.

What if one is asked for their DL by a Nye County Sheriff and that Deputy just happens to live on the street that you chose? A routine stop, that was maybe going to end in a lecture, becomes non routine. Held until whenever. Vehicle towed. All to avoid $220.

Even gov officials know about Google StreetView.

Town RE records are increasingly online too.

Increasingly granular databases are common now cross-referencing thousands of info sources both private and government.

Ok, figured out what should work for me. My first concern was the banking address. What I'll do for now is nothing. Just leave it. Any correspondence with the bank is electronic anyway.
I'll set up a mailbox at one of the other services in Pahrump for actual mail.
I'll use the RV park method for the DMV in November when I planned on being in Pahrump anyway.
Thanks for the help all.

wayne49 said:
What if one is asked for their DL by a Nye County Sheriff and that Deputy just happens to live on the street that you chose? A routine stop, that was maybe going to end in a lecture, becomes non routine. Held until whenever. Vehicle towed. All to avoid $220.

Held for what? The Officer knows who was living in every house on their block? You can rent a room and use that address as well. Craigslist is full of rooms for rent.  How would the Officer know if someone had rented you a room at some point? 

Vehicle towed for what? As long as it is registered, insured, legally parked, and not being used for a crime, there is no authority to impound a vehicle.

Some people don't have an extra $220 to appease bureaucracy. What is the real difference in claiming to live at an RV park that you don't live in or any other address that you do not really live at?

DannyB1954 said:
Find a vacant abandoned home then, (the mail box would still be there). Then DMV can send your license there. If you check the mail box for mail addressed to you it is not tampering with the mail . . .

Be aware that taking first class mail out of a mail box that does not belong to you is a federal crime.  It doesn't make any difference if the name of the addressee is the same as your name, the address is not yours, therefore it is not your mail.

DannyB1954 said:
Held for what? The Officer knows who was living in every house on their block? You can rent a room and use that address as well. Craigslist is full of rooms for rent.  How would the Officer know if someone had rented you a room at some point? . . .

"Oh what a tangled web we weave . . ."

You must have lived in a wealthy or very transient neighborhood.  In all middle class neighborhoods I have lived in the neighbors know a lot about what is going on.  Yes an Officer would probably know who is living (an renting) on their block, crap I do and I'm an introvert.  They are trained to be observant and someone on his block would tell him about an unknown person looking in the mail box of the empty house.

Any time you try to deceive the government you run a risk and each one needs to determine for themselves if the reward warrants the risk.  I do know that once you have been caught in a lie a cop/prosecutor/judge will look more critically at anything else you claim.

You can use Escapes for mail forwarding services without having your residence address in one of their states. My residence is Coyote Howls in Why, AZ, but I'm going to use the Tx Escapees (shortest distance for my mail to travel since I stay in the Rockies).

But if you do need a new residence address, they have set up a legal way for you to get one in one of their 3 states. See their website.

WriterMs said:
But if you do need a new residence address, they have set up a legal way for you to get one in one of their 3 states.
That may not work for all service providers in the future.

Each person should arrange their own personal residence / domicile address.

Using a commercial service for that is a roll of the dice, may come back and bite you at a very inconvenient time.

Spaceman Spiff said:
Be aware that taking first class mail out of a mail box that does not belong to you is a federal crime.  It doesn't make any difference if the name of the addressee is the same as your name, the address is not yours, therefore it is not your mail.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave . . ."

You must have lived in a wealthy or very transient neighborhood.  In all middle class neighborhoods I have lived in the neighbors know a lot about what is going on.  Yes an Officer would probably know who is living (an renting) on their block, crap I do and I'm an introvert.  They are trained to be observant and someone on his block would tell him about an unknown person looking in the mail box of the empty house.

Any time you try to deceive the government you run a risk and each one needs to determine for themselves if the reward warrants the risk.  I do know that once you have been caught in a lie a cop/prosecutor/judge will look more critically at anything else you claim.
OK, they are going to put an FBI agent on watch at the mail box. Saying you live at an RV park when you don't wouldn't be deceptive either. I guess the answer is everybody is screwed. Might as well turn yourselves in right now. It was in one of Bob Wells videos, so tell him how it is a worthless idea. I have a permanent legal address so I will stop worrying about the rest of you. Hope you all figure it out.

I have not gotten any mail in a while from JB Mailroom, nor have I gotten any notification of them shutting down.
That’s the risk you take with a mom and pop operation. I signed up for Escapees mail forwarding. I’m also going to look into Coyote Howls in a few months.

I’m really sorry about Dianne, I met her once at the Pahrump post office, she was a real nice lady.
My condolences go out to her family.

Hi
    Does anyone have a method of getting in contact with the employee that is closing out the mail room? I was never contacted by them, and need to know if I have mail there. 
They do not pick up the phone. Is there another contact number for them?
Thank you much
Phin