it's your money

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broken ed

Reaction score
I was listening to the news this morning and they where interviewing a person describing how much money they save on Black Friday by going to all sorts of different stores. They went on to say they saved $200.00 at one store alone.

I'd like to point out the obvious; that you don't save money by going to a store, you spend money.

IMG_1050.JPG

Here's a great example of going to the store to get the best price, in this case at Walmart. You can buy these English Muffins for $2.48 or spend more $ and get 2 for $5.00. Do you think the cashier would be confused if you wanted to buy two boxes of English Muffins separately?

EBL 8 Pack AAA Ni-MH Rechargeable Batteries with Amazon for $10.79

but these same batteries

EBL 8-Pack 1.2v AAA Battery Ni-MH 1100mAh at Walmart for $9.99

Here's another example

ReliOn 30G Ultra Thin Lancets 200-ct (Pack of 2) at Amazon for $14.99

(2 Pack) ReliOn 30 Gauge Ultra-Thin Lancets, 200 Ct at Walmart for $5.28

Of course you consider shipping cost. I always make sure I get free shipping on both, I don't join Prime.

It's your money - hang on to it... :blush:

Attachments

• IMG_1050.JPG
    IMG_1050.JPG
    601 KB
LOL I always said the best way to save money is not spend it and I am always right on that.

but if I MUST have something, I do shop all sales etc. Compare prices. I put some time effort into saving some money on an item. Depends on the item also. Big ticket, shop around, smaller things I pick up wherever I am cause going to another store to save .55 on an item is useless, my time is more valuable.

luckily being minimalist type, being older now, I bought all my fun I wanted. Our pool, my horses, our farm equip., our rv's, our big azz trucks and that is all over. No more 'acquiring junk anymore' ---life is now all about 'getting rid of' and I am loving this part of life. The let it go and obtain freedom part of life....working right towards it. Our money stays in our wallets now :) Younger we parted with more, older now we keep it with us a lot more :)

Latest posts