It's not always Sunny on Fantasy Island...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minivanmotoman

Reaction score
Winter has arrived early in Minnesota! 
Except this is AZ, today.
Forecast rain overnight and cool temperatures, not snow, sleet and hail. Snowed overnight, what a cold, bright way to start the day!
And now hail to put icicles on the cake, lol.
With this lifestyle, you have to have frontier spirit and skills, be ready for anything. 
And the funds to do so. 
Always check the weather, weather underground and my radar apps. Had packed up the night before in preparation, moved the rig for easy exit in the morning just in case and so as not to get stuck.
No problems this morning.

IMG_20181007_111050-3072x1728.jpg
IMG_20181007_150007-1728x3072.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20181007_111050-3072x1728.jpg
    IMG_20181007_111050-3072x1728.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20181007_150007-1728x3072.jpg
    IMG_20181007_150007-1728x3072.jpg
    931 KB · Views: 9
Gets cold early up by Flagstaff. Surprised you aren't down by cottonwood already.

I *THINK* I remember "snow"--it's the white lumpy cold stuff, right?

:)

I hope to never see it again. Ever.

B and C said:
Gets cold early up by Flagstaff.  Surprised you aren't down by cottonwood already.

No where near Flagstaff and Mt. Humphrey.
Heading down to lower elevation today, and they've had snow there too. Mid 70s forecast for Phx this week.

MOD EDIT the above link is for the Mamas and Papas California dreaming. 2:38. please include a description with our links.

The Dire Wolfess

50 degrees and our third day of rain where it never rains, Lake Powell Utah! Looks like another day of fun in the mud!

Minivanmotoman said:
No where near Flagstaff and Mt. Humphrey.
Heading down to lower elevation today, and they've had snow there too. Mid 70s forecast for Phx this week.
So where are/were you, where it snowed? Inquiring minds who might not want to go there, want to know ;-)

The Dire Wolfess

It was quite nice here in Southern Nevada. I was thinking about heading to Lake Havasu

Please push that cold front on down to South Texas. Getting tired of the heat and rain. I can take the rain, hate the heat.

RAINDANCE TIME!!    :cool:

((i have never managed to do the barefoot raindance though - seems like it would be too cold and squishy))   :)

MORE COFFEE PLEEEEEESE! 

****cultural note= PNW'ers consume all the coffee to counteract the effects of fog and clouds, and especially sleet, and other kinds of liquid skies.

I  :heart: the rain        ~crofter

Moxadox said:
So where are/were you, where it snowed?  Inquiring minds who might not want to go there, want to know ;-)

The Dire Wolfess
Somewhere North of Tortuga but West of Shan-gra-la.

Only The Shadow knows.  :cool:
Appear, disappear and reappear with the sun, like a shadow, possibly only a figment of your imagination.
In the Twilight Zone...