Interested in the journey

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DodgGal

Reaction score
Hi All,

Well, never used a forum in my life....seems many new things since I retired.  Lol  I love to travel and have been to many countries.  I bought a trailer a few years back and camped seasonal, but now that I have the time to travel, I found out it is too big for me or my truck to tow, so it is now up for sale and I can build my own option.  

I am planning to have my build done in time to hit the road in June,  since I have a buyer that is coming for the trailer in may when the park opens.   I have just spent weeks watching all the van dwellers videos and the RTR videos.  Definitely something that interests me, so the game plan, at present, is to travel and boondock this summer, and attend the RTR in 2019 before making a permanent decision on lifestyle.   

Oh, guess I should say I am a Canadian, live in southern Ontario, and would love to meet other people from my area, as well as others passing through.  Am planning to list my place as a stopping destination on the boondocker's welcome site soon.  

Although retired, I still work freelance as a professional writer.  I am female, 60, single, have 2 children and 7 grands.

Looking forward to meeting you all somewhere along my travels or yours lol

Thanks for the welcome.  I love ice fishing, although haven't done it in the mountains yet lol

Welcome to the CRVL forums. Congrats on the buyer for your existing rig, full speed ahead on the van build.

Good luck on your adventure!

:)   Hello and Welcome.  This was my 1st forum too!  I just had my 2yr anniversary on Christmas. 

If my son hadn't been visiting and helped me pick out my Pro12 tablet I wouldn't know what I'd been missing all those years of no WiFi.  He had to set up my Gmail and get me started here too.  There are several Canadians here, maybe they're napping now :D

Jewellann

Welcome to the CRVL forums DodgGal!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome DodgGal. I'm a "Dodge Gal" too! I am also Canadian (Vancouver), almost the same age as you, and have also been bitten by the mobile living bug. Hoping to get my van soon and move out of a very expensive apartment (rent is crazy here!) with my two kittens. Mother of four, grandmother to two (twins). Maybe we'll see each other on the road one day!

Hi....it is very nice to meet you.   I am hoping to be ready to hit the road in June or July,  depending on how the build goes, as I am receiving my conversion vehicle next week.  Maybe we should work on meeting somewhere between Ontario and BC, if your ready and spend some time in the nice weather getting to know each other.  Am hoping to do the rubber tramp rendevous in Arizona in January.  Also, you are welcome to boondocks at my place....have lease until Dec...whenever you are in Ontario.

I am travelling with two jack Russells and a cat in a small space, so a shorter voyage is ideal before heading south.  

Trish

Deal Breaker said:
Welcome to the CRVL forums. Congrats on the buyer for your existing rig, full speed ahead on the van build.

Good luck on your adventure!

Hi and thanks for the welcome.  It should be an interesting project as I need to accommdate two lively jack Russells and a co-pilot cat on my journey.  Hoping to be road worthy by June or July,  depending how the build goes.

Safe and happy trails to you.
Trish

Txjaybird said:
:)   Hello and Welcome.  This was my 1st forum too!  I just had my 2yr anniversary on Christmas. 

If my son hadn't been visiting and helped me pick out my Pro12 tablet I wouldn't know what I'd been missing all those years of no WiFi.  He had to set up my Gmail and get me started here too.  There are several Canadians here, maybe they're napping now :D

Jewellann

Hi jewellann

Very nice to meet you and other Canadians on here.  Wondered how popular this was in Canada.   These forums are a great place to meet others.  I am located in the Sarina area, right across from Port Huron Michigan,  which makes border crossing easier.  Hopefully, we meet up sometime.

Happy travels to you

Trish

Welcome, DodgGal, I am in the NY capital region, just starting on the journey myself, awaiting completion of my custom cargo trailer build.  I hope to have the trailer by February, with a good portion of the interior build complete by April, when there is the NEVR being planned in Cobeliskill, NY.  Not too far a drive from you, depending on where in Ontario you live.  Keep checking the Forum for details!
Welcome to CRVL Forums!

Hi...and thanks for the welcome. I am located directly across from Port Huron, Michigan..5 minutes from the border into the U.S. New York, a place I have not ventured to yet. Looks like your starting journey is not too far off. I will keep checking in to see how things are going. Good luck with your build and look forward to hearing about your first road trip.

Trish