INSURANCE - HELP PLEASE (BOB or?)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadtripsAndCampfires

Reaction score
Bob Wells did a video with RockingB which brought up several issues about insurance.  For us the video was just in time but has caused major changes since viewing it recently but that's for another time.  I am making the changes required and mentioned for getting the cargo van registered as an RV.  Unfortunately - it messed up a lot of our design but we are doing it.  I AM TRYING TO FIND CONTACT INFO FOR ROCKINGB who sells insurance and was interviewed by Bob.  ANYONE????

For those who will ask what those things are I will start a thread specific to that.  

Thanks
Christine

That is the one I watched and it has many good points. It seems to me when I priced full time insurance it was very expensive. I just bought a new 24' Forest River Grey Wolf camping trailer and as I only stay in it part time I can insure it for $386 a year. My old Barth motorhome is off the road and stationary and if it burned tomorrow I would feel I had gotten more that I should have out of it so self insurance makes sense as it is paid for and can easily be replaced by the new trailer I just bought. My home built campers while costing several thousand dollars are completely paid for as I built them and they are insured as basic utility trailers with nothing on the cargo (box) I believe. I and my wife live simply and seldom have more than a few changes of clothing that are stored inside. Professional advice is well advised especially if your emergency fund or situation will not allow total loss. Good luck navigating this insurance mess and keep us posted.

highdesertranger said:
is this it?

highdesertranger

High Desert:  Yes, that's the one I watched but since this is Bob's list I was trying to find Bob's video to post the link here.  That is the same video uploaded by RockingB.

Bullfrog: The trick here is we WILL be living in it. It will have a lot of investment built into it, the refrig alone was around $1K. After we are on the road for about 3 months I hope to add up all of the receipts I have that I have not yet lost or the new dog eaten.

So in order to be covered we have to declare we are living in it (once we are) to prevent being denied a claim due to fraudulant statements to the insurance company so we may as well cover it all the right way. I doubt the insurance will be more than Colorado demands - Colorado is high on lots of stuff.

Christine

yes I know the Bob's video that you are talking about but I couldn't find his so I posted that one, highdesertranger

Hubby (Wayne) found the info:

Joe Burkley
Behling Insurance
office 801.465.4893

He has a cell # but I left it off here as I'm sure he can be reached via the office #.

Thanks all! This was a good discussion and I hope others got something out of it.

As for the cargo to RV - I got the idea from an early Bob video although he said in that you can make it as simple or complex as you want (actually he said beautiful not complex). After not finding what we wanted in a small trailer we welcomed the knowledge that we could go this route.

I'm sure Bob will find us at some point and put it on video for you all to see. We aren't fooling with any editing and uploads until we are on the road because we are too damn busy trying to build it and get out of here!

Christine