In-cab sleep system

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GraceinMotion

Reaction score
So I finally got my NotelUSA www.notelusa.com sleep platform. It was a relatively smooth set up, attached with adjustable straps to the back headrests and side and front grab handles. I added a foam yoga block to the center console to get the appropriate height and stability since my passenger seat doesn't recline completely. The aluminum frame telescopes out and sections of hard plastic platform expand over that. Add sleeping cushion and it's quite comfy.
This helps me feel safer than sleeping in the back of my Chevy Colorado. I need immediate access to the drivers seat in case my warning bells go off.
Con: the plastic platform attaches to aluminum frame with heavy duty zip ties. After installing this twice, 2 of them are already busted. I'll improvise a fix rather than return it because I haven't been able to find anything else like this in the market. And I'm not handy enough to try and reinvent it myself. The company offered me a couple things in compensation so I'm satisfied.
The pictures I took are too large to attach, so I need to redo them. But the company website has a photo gallery.
I would recommend this to anyone who would prefer to sleep up front and have a bit more stealth than jumping in and out of the back of a truck. And there's the safety thing too.

Nice looking system. The interior pics look exactly like my truck.

I actually took a 55 gallon contractor container from Home Depot and put it in the back. Then filled the empty space on one side of the cab with a cooler. Then laid down memory foam on top. It brought me right up to window level and very comfy too.

I was able to go from front to back and back to front in seconds without leaving the cab. I'm 60 years old so nearly anyone should be able to do the same.

I have an air mattress that is shaped to effectively function identically to this product in my Honda Civic.

Handy piece of kit, isn't it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk