Important Read

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you got to be careful with hot springs. always test before entering, this comes from an old hotspringer. thank god my dog would never jump into one he doesn't really care for water. highdesertranger

It is always up to the dog owner to control their dogs. Train your dog to have a good recall, and keep them on lead or trained to walk at heel with distractions, and you should never have a worry about jumping into a hot spring, or running in front of a car. If your dog can get out of a collar, use a gentle leader or halti-harness, both of which stop pulling.

If anything, the owner should be in trouble, not a leash company. I saw nothing about a defective leash, but if you buy a quality leash appropriate to your size dog it should last you a lifetime.

Sad story. I commend the man's bravery if not his judgement.

Man that sucks. Lost his (probably?) girlfriend and his dogs, and probably the rest of his life because people will see him as a monster (who themselves are the real monsters)... Brave, too bad he didn't know they could get that hot.

the second article suggests the possibility it might not have even been his dog. it also says a lot of people hunt with dogs there too, which by necessity requires the dogs to run off leash. either way its a sad tale for dog and the guy :(

Latest posts