I'm starting on my "Home On The Range" project.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FleaTaxi

Reaction score
I thought I had posted an intro thread a few days ago, but it's not there, so I screwed up somehow. 

Anyway, my name in FleaTaxi, which is my dogs name. It is her career, after all. I am a retired engineer/engineering manager, and retired Baptist minister. My wife passed a little over a year ago, and we were planning on going full time RVing soon. Well, if you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans. Mary went on a trip far superior to mine, but I still want to see the country, and Canada if they'll ever let me in.

I'm planning on converting a cargo trailer, a new one, that will have eight foot ceilings and a kilowatt of solar. As I am also a ham radio guy, I can use the power. I'm also an amateur astronomer, and look forward to some excellent dark sky observing and astrophotography in the desert southwest. The only thing I'm waiting on to get started is a land sale in Virginia.

I look forward to meeting as many of you as I can in the future, attending any RTRs in the future, and seeing a lot of this great nation.

Blessings all,

FleaTaxi

Welcome FleaTaxi to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hello FleaTaxi. Welcome to the forum. It is amazing how many stories we have here and I for one am happy to have yours added to it. Perhaps will meet each other along the way. I am an East Coast Snowbird and want to go west someday if God allows me to live that long. So I assume you’re from Virginia since you’re talking about selling property there. Keep us informed of what you’re doing maybe pictures of your trailer. Enjoy the chatter and keep in touch this is sort of our virtual caravan. God bless all the nomads, everyone.