* I went to buy Baking Soda ( Sodium BiCarbonate 14 oz for $ 2.50 on the label or s

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver

Reaction score
* I went to a home improvement place to buy Baking Soda
( Sodium BiCarbonate  14 oz for $ 2.50 on the label or so i thought )
& saw Sodium Carbonate ( Washing Soda ~ 2 lb for $ 4.50 ). 

- I knew I wanted Sodium BiCarbonate but Dumb me
thought Sodium Carbonate was the same thing. 
I knew I wanted 2 lbs & bought the Washing Soda only to
return it a few days later when I realized my mistake.

- Is there a Psychological explanation for my behavior?
Turns out the 14 oz box was mis labelled & was only $ 1.
I had received A's in Chemistry as a teen.
@ 50 yrs old now I feel my brain & body slowing down.
I'm going to go to a different store to find more Sodium BiCarbonate.

I think it is about importance a lot of times.

Things that are of super importance take center stage and remembering etc. plays an important part.

Things like baking soda vs washing soda just doesn't take precedence even when we are directly shopping for it.

I know when I go about mundane usual automatic crap like shopping for junk I could care less most times....cause it is not fun stuff to shop, like buying a new rv, or buying a new kayak, or whatever one loves and shops for and is super active in that purchase......baking soda or wash soda, I would apt to grab the wrong one also just to get the heck out of the store faster so I get ya on that.

I put things into stuff that matters and stuff that doesn't :) The stuff that doesn't means I screw up in purchasing sometimes.....like I buy 1 brand of spaghetti sauce all the time and came home with something different one day cause I just grabbed whatever I thought I saw as my usual and heck the family liked the other anyway but it is like, huh, why would I do that? Cause I didn't care one bit on buying that stupid spaghetti sauce and just wanted to get the shop done and out of that store as soon as I could....I seem to do it more and more, wrong--small--who cares purchases LOL

well that is my take, who knows HAHA

Not a big deal.When you get to be my age,things like that are pretty common.

It doesn't help that you were bombarded the minute you walked in with a zillion colors and boxes and bags all trying to capture your attention.

* Yeah. a Lady told me she wanted Mayo vs Salad Dressing Mayo & they
look so similar & got the wrong thing & complained to the Manager.
"get the heck out of the store faster "
Yeah I'm always rushing to see if some 1 messing with my car in the Parking Lot.
My Friend got his Plates stolen in the company parking lot.
* My Dad bought 2 Roast Chicken 1 time & later realized that he got
the Organic Chicken which was like 3x as much . .
* I notice my Parents doing more Senile things as they get older. They're 72 +
* in some washing soda or Baking Soda they put added Fragrances &
market it as 0xy Clean or something.

I like washing soda for the laundry it is good to put it in the coin-op laundry as it kills bacteria better than soap alone. Plus it has some residual effect and keeps mildew from forming.

Used to prevent mildew in the blown in insulation materials that are put into walls. Also used as a non toxic wood preservative to help prevent rot.

Another use is it can be sprinkled inside a cabinet if you get an ant infestation. Plus takes care of spiders too.

So a useful product to have one box or so of it on hand in the RV.

It has many uses & its fairly affordable