How would you sell your van?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

protryon

Reaction score
I'm looking to downsize and get a manual station wagon for part-timing, and I'm running into a lack of interest on Craigslist (It's a 250k mile 2005 Ford E150). How would you guys try to sell your van, either as a conversion or non-conversion van?

It's a niche vehicle. Post one here, and craigslist, then pray. Mine is for sale and have had some good interest so far (only a few days since posting).
Might be apples to oranges though since mine is freshly built and hasn't even been lived in (or out of) yet.
You may have better luck just gutting it and selling as a work van. Work vans have a pretty healthy baseline price no matter the year or miles.

But, if you truly want to sell it as a vandwelling vehicle be sure to be as detailed as possible.
Here's my post for reference: https://sierravista.craigslist.org/cto/d/1997-chevy-express-micro/6308927741.html

Also, post in the Cars & Trucks section AND the RV section.

I sold mine on a local facbook for sale page. I wouldn't expect it to sell overnight. List it in as many places as possible to get as much exposure as you can. 

I had a lot of tire kickers on my last van. Don't get offended when people are telling you changes they will make to it. I even had one guy tell me he was going to gut my van and use it far cargo and sleep on a cot (I'm glad he didnt have the money). 

Eventually it finally found its new perfect owner. Part of my income is selling cars and i'm pretty good at it. I had my last van for sale for 2 months. It will take patience, time and exposure.

I'm only half kidding when I say I would strip the solar and other stuff from mine, leave the van at a chop shop, report it stolen and collect the insurance.

Then I'm sure the judge will only throw half the book at you.

250k is getting up there in miles. Do you have the listing? If you have maintenance records that is a plus. If there are problems, price appropriately.