How to not be safe on the road

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Every Road Leads Home

Reaction score
Edited to add that mashable is very ad heavy website and one member reported a virus. I had no issues with it. Click at your own risk.

This video made me a little mad, first that anyone could actually be this stupid and 2nd that their stupidity now endangers others and not just themselves. 

As they say, not everyone finishes at the top of their class.    

Video in link
http://mashable.com/2017/04/25/towing-boat-with-a-cargo-trailer-florida/#IvkF5DOV3sqK

Attachments

• Driver-uses-unusual-method-to-tow-boat-on-Florida-highway.jpg
    Driver-uses-unusual-method-to-tow-boat-on-Florida-highway.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 33
Ummmm...not only is that not safe...how do you be that stupid?

Dont have the bandwidth to watch, but from the still, it looks like his boat flew off the roof?

No, bottom is held by a little hitch-mount cargo rack, then the rest strapped tied to the roof rack?

Would fall over first turn at any speed.

I think faked clickbait.

Just when you think things are idiot proof....they make a better idiot.

John61CT said:
I think faked clickbait.
You might be right about that. That site was so EF'd up and had plenty of pop ups. That, and the first time I tried to view it, two video's tried to play at the same time. :(

Slynne:  "Yikes! Sometimes I wonder what goes through people's minds."

Nothing.  Their heads are filled with dust, cobwebs and dried leaves.

For your entertainment:  when you're near a millennial, ask them the likely results of a dangerous real-life situation that you describe.

I asked one of my neighbors (he's 23) what he thought might happen if he was driving a Ferrari on the freeway in the rain and was going 130 mph.  He looked at me oddly, and said that it would be fun, what could happen?

Most of them haven't been taught to think at all.  There are no bad consequences.  If a friend of theirs dies from setting a lighted firecracker mortar on his head, they would think that his getting his brains blown out was just bad luck. http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/06/man-dies-instantly-after-launching-firework-off-his-head-5281879/

Have you ever seen a young man with his truck or car stuck in mud or a hole, try to get out by just barely applying pressure to the gas pedal?  No, they just gun the engine and dig themselves in deeper.

Have you ever seen one go through standing water at a crawl?     Huh?

Old people aren't smarter, just that the herd's been well thinned by now.

DarwinAwards_zps40f6c6ea.jpg

precisely the ones who need to be removed from the gene pool

I didn't have any problems with the link although I know mashable is very ad heavy. There has been a report that it's infected.

Sorry for using that link, there were a few I could have picked from but that one played the quickest on my computer. Tried finding the video on youtube but didn't have any luck the other day. Just checked again and here it is via Youtube

Mods, feel free to replace the original link with this youtube one

Last summer, a weekend warrior had his/her kayak tied to their roof. The rope broke and the three cars that were following the vehicle swerved to avoid the 'yak, and went into the ditch. Three cars were smashed up.

gargoyle said:
Last summer, a weekend warrior had his/her kayak tied to their roof. The rope broke and the three cars that were following the vehicle swerved to avoid the 'yak, and went into the ditch. Three cars were smashed up.

That situation always makes me nervous.  I'll either pass the car with the load on his roof, or if that's not possible, drop back and leave plenty of room between us.