How important is pass-thru for truck/camper

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you or anyone recommend motels around los angles ? Doesn't have to be super close to airport, but needs to take pets. I usually use motel sixs but when in cities I don't know more Leary. Thanks! I guess comfort inns take pets, but probably cost more. Actually areas to avoid and ones that ok would work and I can look I assume camping in North available close!

Not That Bob said:
6' 2" , 240# puts me out of the " very small or super skinny" area!

I guess if highly motivated by say, a bear or zombie chewing on your toes, it could happen!

I'll cross that off my worry list.

The rear sliding window of my F-150 (custom install) and sliding window of my ARE shell are the ONLY access to my truck camper sleeping pod.  It is very exhausting to have to crawl through it and my thighs are bruised up.  But it is nice to be able to drive away or access the cab for stuff without leaving the truck. My waist is a 29 and I fit fine, gf's hips are probably like 35 and she fits fine... it's not as small as you may think.

I've wiggled into my Ranger through the rear sliding glas, though not with a shell on, and I'm 6' and 225lb
it wasn't easy though, especially with the area behind the seats (it's an extended cab) filled with tools and other junk

Svenn said:
The rear sliding window of my F-150 (custom install) and sliding window of my ARE shell are the ONLY access to my truck camper sleeping pod.  It is very exhausting to have to crawl through it and my thighs are bruised up.  But it is nice to be able to drive away or access the cab for stuff without leaving the truck. My waist is a 29 and I fit fine, gf's hips are probably like 35 and she fits fine... it's not as small as you may think.

I was planning on using something like that for my doggies to jump back and forth ... did you make the window yourself?  Or did you get someone to make a custom sliding window?

If I was gonna do what it sounds like Svenn did, I'd probably just remove the rear window entirely
Then again,. my truck is a Ranger, so less window size to wiggle through
Hey Svenn, where did you find a shell with no rear opening? or did you make it so yourself?
*lightbulb*