Hi from Tennessee

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonnaB

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I'm from Tennessee and love the RV life! Last year my husband and I did a cross-country trip and I love it! In the future I would like to do it on a more full-time basis but need to find ways to make it less expensive because our income is more limited now. I have watched many hours of videos and have learned so much and now I feel this forum is just another level of getting to know the life and hopefully many of you too!

Coolworks.com for short term jobs actually allows you to make money.

Hello from Kentucky. My wife and I have a place above Bowling Green with boondock friendly land.
I will be traveling to Florida and plan on going through Kentucky in the October time frame. I’d love to explore off the highway since I just stayed in rest areas last time. If you’re open to a single woman in a Dodge Ram conversion van staying for a couple days….let me know.

Hi @DonnaB Since TN is like 3 different states are you from East Middle or West part,
I have a favorite little "town" in lower middle TN.

Hello everyone!
I'm from Tennessee and love the RV life! Last year my husband and I did a cross-country trip and I love it! In the future I would like to do it on a more full-time basis but need to find ways to make it less expensive because our income is more limited now. I have watched many hours of videos and have learned so much and now I feel this forum is just another level of getting to know the life and hopefully many of you too!
Hi Donna and everyone,

I'm currently residing just outside Nashville and hope to be hitting the road full-time soon. I'm still putting together my rig and getting rid of a lot of my poessessions, but hope to be out on the road within a couple of months. Should be an interesting and fun experience.

Regards,
Ric

I will be traveling to Florida and plan on going through Kentucky in the October time frame. I’d love to explore off the highway since I just stayed in rest areas last time. If you’re open to a single woman in a Dodge Ram conversion van staying for a couple days….let me know.
Laura you are welcome at our place. We don’t leave until November so will be here. Gotsmart is my hubby and was the one who answered you. We have a nice camping area at our pond where you can stay. There is a fire ring and plenty of firewood. We haven’t had many visitors this summer and look forward to your visit. I’ll message you my phone number. October is a good time with decent weather. You may want to stay longer than a couple of days. If u kayak we have a river close by and kayaks to lend. Friday nights there is a hoedown at a nearby place with pickers coming out playing music (free). Mammoth Cave isn’t very far and there is the corvette museum in Bowling Green. Do stay awhile. If it’s still warm in Oct bring something to swim in.

We are putting in a shower and bathroom house and that should be done.

Attachments

• 628C9B17-4822-4BE8-93D1-E3E2A1EE75F3.jpeg
    628C9B17-4822-4BE8-93D1-E3E2A1EE75F3.jpeg
    465.2 KB · Views: 1
Oh yeah. Anyone else coming through Kentucky is welcome here too.

Hi and welcome. I don't live in my van, I only take trips of 10-14 days. I drive many miles (average 3500-5000 miles) on my trips, so gas is most of my cost. At least 50-60% of my days are spent driving. I average about $100 a day when I travel. My very first trip was about 2000 miles and I managed to spend only $365 on a 10 day trip. I packed about 75% of my food and stayed at sites that were free. How much your time on the road will cost will depend greatly on what you do while traveling. Longer stays in one location saves gas but you pay more for RV hook up costs. You will need to decide what your trips will include and how to make it fit your budget.

Late to the party here ;) but hi!

I'm also from Tennessee, the southeast. (Lived in all parts) Currently 'grounded' for medical reasons, but I was on the road from Jan through Nov 2021. Traveled and camped through all the western states except Washington! (And California, no desire to visit there)

I was at the Women's RTR on Plumosa (such as it was in Jan 2021 because of Covid), joined a great travel group, then traveled alone again, worked as a camp host and had many other fun adventures traveling in a Grand Caravan. I pretty much learned everything I knew (then) from Youtube. From CheapRVLiving - Bob and Sueann, Tristan at SUVRVing and a few others on Youtube.

You've got the tools and you're in the right place to get tips and tricks from these folks and to learn up on just about any aspect of RVing/Camping/Nomading that you could want.

Have fun!
Dee