hello

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psunami

Reaction score
<P>joey from beaumont, texas. Just checking it out, i just built a truck camper of my own and went on a month long tour in it, so i was looking on the net for other homebuilt campers and came upon this site. would love to full time live in it, but alas i have to pay child support for a while longer, thus i must work more "full time".&nbsp; But...one day...it will be the life for me. the 1 month on the road was surely not enough, didnt miss my home at all, although it is kinda nice, i'd rather be moving. had a hard time resizing a pic so it came out kinda squashed, i'm not too computer savy, but you get the idea. So, hello all, and thanks bob, i did look at your camper on here before i began with mine.</P>

Hi &amp; Welcome Joey! You've come to a great place for information and ideas!<div><br></div><div>Steve</div><div><br></div>

Hi, joey<br><br>Welcome to this forum.<br>Do you have pictures of your homebuilt to share?<br>We love pictures.<br><br>Bob (aka stude53)<br>

<P><FONT size=3>Hi Joey! Welcome!&nbsp; And yes, more pictures, please!</FONT></P>

<P>yes...i posted some picks in the "on the road" section...don't have any picks of the inside but it is basically just a shell so that i can modify it to suit my needs for whatever i choose to use it for. The only thing that is kind of permanent is the king size bed which is in the loft and sticks out about 3 1/2 ft. over the bed of the truck, but still is high enough to sit under without&nbsp;bumping your head, and is very comfy. being up high keeps dirt off of it, and creates a little haven. plus its a pillow top seally posturpedic, a very expensive mattress that was given to me by a friend. A little heavy, but totally worth it!&nbsp;</P>

Welcome Joey,<br><br>Being able to live in your camper while working full time to cover other costs is completely possible. I did it all last summer/fall. I'm locked into one city with a full time job that pays well, and living relatively free will really pay off.<br><br><br>