Hello, Newby to forum, hope to meet many new camper/van lovers

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Campor99

Reaction score
Hello All, started off living out of Jimmy and traveled great US west for 18 mos. Then got Scamp trailer out of pawn shop, still have the
little guy. Now use a Chevy Astro Van AWD set up for camping.  Did 6 week trip up to northern BC 2015. Hitch hiked (kinda sorta) to Alaska, took 3mos to and fro. Was a great backpack and walking boots trip.

Hope to meet some like minded people

Welcome aboard the CRVL forums.
Those Scamps are soooo cool.
If you could post a pic of it you might start a fan club.

Welcome to the CRVL forums, Campor99! That's a sweet set up. I never thought of shopping for a camper in a pawn shop. I'm going to start now, though!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

cyndi said:
Welcome to the CRVL forums, Campor99! That's a sweet set up. I never thought of shopping for a camper in a pawn shop. I'm going to start now, though!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started.   We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi Cyndi,  Was driving by pawn shop in Cortez CO, saw it sitting in lot, pawn man said call the guy, but I would have to pay pawn shop and then
they would give rest to owner, it worked. Got a great deal, now 8 years later still have it, But now have my Astro Van set up as stand alone camper
traveling rig, get 15-17 mpg with out trailer.

Thanks for note, nice meeting you, Oh good luck