Hello from the land of snow!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiya Joe! Welcome and thnx for the link! Gonna go check it out.

Welcome from NY. We were a skating rink yesterday...finally thawed out today.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Joe! You've put a lot of thought into this! It's not clear from your blog whether you have already bought a van or not but we do want to see pictures of your build! :)

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

You have a very nice conversational style for your blog. We'll be cheering for you! In that climate, don't forget the insulation!!!

Hey guys, thanks for the welcome messages.   Here are three shots of the floor plan I am thinking about and will post about in the blog maybe late this week.   

The three attached images are the start of an electrical diagram, a floor plan and a plan at roughly counter height.

--joe

Attachments

• cargoVan_extended_postPurchase_v1.5.6_elec.gif
    cargoVan_extended_postPurchase_v1.5.6_elec.gif
    30.7 KB
  • cargoVan_extended_postPurchase_v1.5.6_counter.gif
    cargoVan_extended_postPurchase_v1.5.6_counter.gif
    26.7 KB
  • cargoVan_extended_postPurchase_v1.5.6_mech.gif
    cargoVan_extended_postPurchase_v1.5.6_mech.gif
    33.2 KB
Welcome, and can I have your chicken-rice-curry recipe? Haha!

ETA: WHOA! You're going to have 6 Trojan 105s?! That's alot. How are you going to recharge them? The build looks left-side heavy...

I am thinking of a 315w solar panel on the roof and have purchased a Tripp Lite APS1250.   Do you think that enough?   I would like to have enough battery power to run the van for ten days if I have to with some minimal living.

Will I notice the left heaviness of it?

--joe