Hello from Kentucky

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stimpy

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Tim and my wife's name is Yellow. We are not originally from KY. We moved up here last year for work and then in March it started to go downhill. Rona of course.We have lost our house and the industry I worked in was devastated and so we cannot continue to stay here and have decided to head to Arizona.I have been in the Ag biz for almost all of my life so I have a plethora of skills. My wife and I are seasoned nomads so this is nothing new for us. We both had just taken a break to check out "normal"life. As a matter of fact, I wish I knew then blah blah blah LOL. We are travelling in our Ford Expedition and will be tenting it for a few months with our dog Roxie and cat Karl. It isn't exactly ideal but my wife and I have mad outdoor skills and will be living life much more happier than what is going on here. We have business in Maricopa Our next step is to build a Mongolian style canvas yurt. We are loosing our house at the end of the month and should be in the south Sonoran Desert area   by early or mid November. Has anyone ever stayed at a place called Lost Horse Tank? It is BLM land that my friend said was excellent. Quartzsite is on my agenda for spring. and for sure would like to be at the RTR if it goes down. I have been in that neighborhood a few times for the rock and mineral show and Burning Man in the early years. We hope to see you all down there and I look forward to meeting a wonderful group of people. I am a chef and my wife is a musician and artist. We are social people and don't mind when folks stop by to say hi. Time it right and I will always feed you if I can. I have started to write a cooking book and a huge part of it deals with methods of outside cooking. I am always looking for test subjects!!

Welcome Tim and Yellow to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the forum Stimpy. I love Kentucky and spend lots of time in eastern mountains letcher and Harlen Counties mainly. do you do any Dutch oven cooking? I have always wanted to get into it in a bigger way. I have some experience but would like more. And I will volunteer if you want to feed me. Problem is I’m A East Coast Snowbird flying between PA and Florida, With stops in Kentucky. Sounds like you’re resilient people and you’re going to enjoy the ride. God bless the nomads each and every one.

Welcome to the CRVL Forum  :)

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with work and in the sticks n bricks.  You surely aren't alone.  But at least there is the Nomadic life to bail out on, and with that opportunity to overcome adversity.

For now though,  let me offer you to view the two websites below.  The bottom one may be of the most benefit to you now.  It's a portal of handy info to pre plan a journey or to use once on that journey.   It can help to make your travels more comfortable, safe, and convenient.

All the best to you and yours.

Stimpy where in Kentucky are you? We are in Beaver Dam and have visitors staying here now and then who are traveling thru.

We will be heading west and leaving any day now for Quartzsite.

Welcome I sent 6 months in Kentucky (FT Knox).

Latest posts