Hello Everyone

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Handy_Van

Reaction score
[font=Calibri, sans-serif][font=Consolas, monospace]Hi, I'm Greg. I'm a recently retired Systems Analyst and farmer. I live in an old farm house in central Illinois that I'm almost always working on.[/font]

[font=Consolas, monospace]I acquired a 2012 E350 passenger van last summer and removed the back seats. I installed solar panels, water tanks & pumps and a sink. I put in a twin bed, refrigerator and a cassette toilet and I haul a small [/font][/font]
[font=Calibri, sans-serif][font=Consolas, monospace]motorcycle (Honda CRF 230m). Of course I have to unload a bunch of stuff to get the bike in & out. I call it the Road Rider Handy Van because I carry some tools and a 12 volt blue tooth speaker(ION Road Rider).[/font]

[font=Consolas, monospace]I took it to Green Bay WI for a family gathering in August then on to Glacier NP through the Black Hills in SD then south to Yellowstone and the Tetons down to Santa Fe NM. I was gone about a month and it seemed like a couple weeks. I loved it. I stayed in the van or a tent all but one night in Jackson Hole WY. I really want to take it south this winter and would love to meet up with your tribe at the RTR.  [/font]
[/font]

Welcome Greg to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. see you at RTR. highdesertranger

[font=Consolas, monospace]   Just pulled into the visitor center outside of Amarillo. I left home yesterday morning and it was 5 below zero. We've been having an Arctic Blast, with -20 & -30 wind chills some nights, since before Christmas. Supposed to be getting snow & freezing rain there today. I made it passed Tulsa last evening and the low there was 48 f. [/font]
[font=Consolas, monospace]  I left early for the RTR because I'm already sick of the cold.  Think I'm going to head down around Las Cruces and El Paso. If anyone has any good suggestions on places to stay and things to do down around there I'd appreciate hearing from you. [/font]
[font=Consolas, monospace]Thanks! PS: Hope to meet lots of people at the RTR.[/font]

Handy_Van said:
[font=Consolas, monospace]Think I'm going to head down around Las Cruces and El Paso. If anyone has any good suggestions on places to stay and things to do down around there I'd appreciate hearing from you. [/font]

If you're going to hang around Las Cruces, there's various BLM options near the Organ Mountains.  Personally I really like that area.

Welcome Greg. Fine looking van you've got there. Safe travels and have fun in Quartzsite!

I spent the last 2 nights in the Gila National Forest.  It was so beautiful I would suggest anyone visit the cliff dwellings.