have you ever been or plan to come to Washington State...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoulRaven

Reaction score
I am heading back home to WA in July to spend the summer and get loose ends tied up... if you are in the area I have a great boondocking spot big enough for a bus to get into... There are fresh water streams and even better fresh under water spring for the best drinking water... Lots of Deer and Elk, plenty of hiking and fishing... I will spend the summer there...<br><br>If your in the neighborhood and need a spot to camp lemme know and I will reveal the location... It is east of Greenwater on hi-way 410... Closest big town is Enumclaw WA...<br><br>I would love company, but at the same time like my privacy also...<br><br><br><br>

Hi Steve...I emailed you off the forum....<br><br>Say, the folks up there in the area....mostly from the Vandwellers forum but some from here, have talked about a possible campout together at some point. Maybe this summer is the time...I can think of at least 8-10 folks from the Vandweller community who base out of there....<br>Bri<br>

Only been to the east part of the state. From Spokane down to Lewiston via Hwy. 195.&nbsp;Always wanted to make it out to the western half of the state.Would love to visit the&nbsp;Olympic National Park.&nbsp;Probably not this this year but if I ever get out that way I will look you up, thanks for the offer.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

Great area. I'm ready to go anywhere.&nbsp; Been home a month. That's long enough but it's been raining so much.<br>&nbsp; Steve, where exactly is this? <br>&nbsp;It seems to be right near the Federation Forest State Park. We enjoyed this day use natural area of over 600 acres of old growth evergreens. It's located along the White River and has 12 miles of hiking trail.&nbsp; The pathways there were beautiful.<br>Looking forward to taking off into the forests.<br><br>Nelda<br>

I live just down the road so I might be interested in a 'camp out' some time.&nbsp; <br>

Right now I am near Coos Bay, OR. Not sure exactly what my plans are. I want to live somewhere near Portland/Vancouver....or maybe not :p I have been going up the Pacific Coast after leaving AZ April 12th. It has been a great trip so far! :)<br><br>I am sooo stoked about finally getting to see the Columbia River Gorge. Last week I spent a week at Yosemite. Both the ocean and Crater Lake are pulling at me right now. <br><br>I have been writing blogs ever since they were invented. Just lately I met 3 separate folks who have been reading my blogs "forever". It's very interesting to meet strangers who know more about me than I know about me! :-o<br><br>I wish I knew more about me right about now.....Snicker.......<br><br><br>

Sorry for not getting back to you all sooner, i have the run from the high desert to cooler digs in the CA Sierra's... i dont have phone or inter at camp so i have to travel to pick up a "sweet spot" which i found... <br><br>OK i will be heading out of the Sierras about the 3rd of July after the summer RTR and plan to bee line it home and will be back by the 6th... I dont plan on heading to this spot for a week or so as i have a lot of things to get tied up... With that said, if you find yourself in the area just find a nice place and enjoy yourself...<br><br>The spot is east of Enumclaw WA on the 410 high-way, Enumclaw has all the stores, shops, and parts you will need, also is the last "cheaper" gas (Arco) just before the big Safeway... there is also a FS ranger station on the right a lil bit after the Safeway where you will wanna pick up a Forest service parking pass which is good for WA and OR, there are maps also...<br><br>Head up the 410 highway, enjoy the beauty as you go, you will hit one town which is "Greenwater", this is last gas, ice, internet, beer, good food, laundry, shower, etc... But last chance...<br><br>leaving greenwater continue up 410 aprox 20 miles, on the right you will see Forest service road signs,&nbsp; they are not in order but identify the roads going into the mountains for fire, recreation, hunting and camping... You are looking to the right for FS-7160...<br><br>Turn right, go over the 1 lane bridge and then veer with the road right... The first road to the left is the "Ranger Air Strip" keep the the right of the air strip to the very end&nbsp; of the runway and then follow around to the right... Go about 200 yards looking for the entrance to a flat field and this is where i summer in WA...<br><br>Bring everything, leave nothing, and enjoy the beauty....The area can hold about 10 rigs, depending on size and distance from one another... As for fires, this depends on the FS Rangers who as you leave Enumclaw is a fire danger board that will inform you... This is also WA so be prepared from hot (90's at most) to cold and wet... last year it was a comfortable low to mid 80's during the day and cooled of nicely at night...<br><br>if you plan on coming PM me with time frame and will guide you in...<br><br><br>

Very generous of you, Raven.<br><br>I'm hoping to be in your area next year, and if you are there, and the offer still stands, will look you up.&nbsp; Have an excellent summer!<br>

<p>Northwest is the one part of the country we haven't explored yet.&nbsp; Next spring we want to incorporate it into an Alaskan trip. We'll have time then.</p>