Has Anyone Seen This? Deadly Bacteria With 50% Fatality Rate Declared Endemic To The US Gulf Coast

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr8ful

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Deadly Bacteria With 50% Fatality Rate Declared Endemic To The US Gulf Coast​

Provided By - Video Elephant on June 08, 2023
A highly dangerous bacteria with a staggering 50 percent fatality rate has been declared endemic to the US Gulf Coast. This is per a recent warning from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) about the Burkholderia pseudomallei bacteria. The bacteria responsible for causing potentially lethal melioidosis has already infected three individuals in the region. Melioidosis can cause fever, weight loss, stomach or chest pain, muscle or joint pain, headache, and seizures. "It’s greatly under-reported and under-diagnosed and under-recognized — we often like to say that it’s been the neglected, neglected tropical disease", Julia Petras, CDC to HealthDaily News. While only three cases have been confirmed, it is suspected that many more individuals are infected. Notably, people with underlying health conditions and those exposed to strong storms are at higher risk. The CDC urges early diagnosis of melioidosis to administer the appropriate treatment. Although the origin of the bacteria on the Gulf Coast remains uncertain, scientists suggest that climate change may have spread it.

Provided By - Video Elephant on June 08, 2023
A highly dangerous bacteria with a staggering 50 percent fatality rate has been declared endemic to the US Gulf Coast. This is per a recent warning from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) about the Burkholderia pseudomallei bacteria.
It sounds rare per the CDC's website. On average 12 cases a year in the U.S.

Yes, If you'd like to read a new book (I just reviewed) which discusses this phenomenon at length: (post #340 What Are You Reading) Published March 7 2003. Every camper/nomad who enjoys swimming, bathing, using water from streams, lakes, rivers etc should become familiar with this. This reaches from Canada to the Amazon.

Cyanobacteria, also referred to as blue-green algae, are microscopic organisms that live primarily in fresh water but can also be found in brackish or salt water
The Devils Element: Phosphorus and a World Out of Balance

Note: much of this book was written in the back end of a Honda mini van during the Covid Pandemic.

LOL :) the author was researching & compiling this work during Covid but the book was published March 7 of this year. I figure the author, Dan Egan, did some "cheap RV traveling" as a nomad in that Honda mini van to many of the places he discusses in the book.

Who knows ? Perhaps the Scientist were reading this:

The Water Cycle and Climate Change

And: EPA & Climate Change & Harmful Algae Blooms

Warmer temperatures prevent water from mixing, allowing algae to grow thicker and faster. Warmer water is easier for small organisms to move through and allows algae to float to the surface faster. Algal blooms absorb sunlight, making water even warmer and promoting more blooms.

The book I reviewed spoke of this toxic blue-green algae bloom floating on the surface of Lake Okeechobee in Florida resembling a thick layer of "Guacamole".

When I was a kid, I used to think weather was only something that happened in the sky. I later learned how much bodies of water were a primary influence on that in 1970 when NOAA was founded.

Not saying that Scientist are always right.....or even that they always have a hidden agenda.

Who knows ? Perhaps the Scientist were reading this:

The Water Cycle and Climate Change

And: EPA & Climate Change & Harmful Algae Blooms

The book I reviewed spoke of this toxic blue-green algae bloom floating on the surface of Lake Okeechobee in Florida resembling a thick layer of "Guacamole".

When I was a kid, I used to think weather was only something that happened in the sky. I later learned how much bodies of water were a primary influence on that in 1970 when NOAA was founded.

Not saying that Scientist are always right.....or even that they always have a hidden agenda.
it's almost like the cr@p humans do to the earth and environment has a negative impact on it and bad things happen to us as a result.

IMO, we've been force-fed a non-stop gruel of things to worry about, most of it either inflated hype or downright lies. I guess if we're given a bunch of things to worry about, maybe we'll be distracted from paying too much attention to other things that are going on. Hmmm.....?

re: Not saying that Scientist are always right.....or even that they always have a hidden agenda.

I agree that scientists are not always right, but I also have a real hard time believing the majority of them could keep some kind of global science conspiracy a secret. For the most part I think the majority of the science community are trustworthy. Individuals, like any other group, maybe not so much. So, when I read articles like this one, I try to do enough research to confirm it isn't a "one-off" and then pay close attention.

As someone that boondocks often I tend to trust my water filtration too much. I probably need to rethink that.

IMO, we've been force-fed a non-stop gruel of things to worry about, most of it either inflated hype or downright lies. I guess if we're given a bunch of things to worry about, maybe we'll be distracted from paying too much attention to other things that are going on. Hmmm.....?
Bingo!

Three cases, and it's declared an epidemic on the Gulf Coast, really? I live on the Gulf Coast and have most of my life, and I'm calling it bovine excrement! And now for my two cents:

The CDC, like many other barely functional, if at all government agencies, is trying to look like they deserve the money they are going to be asking for from Congress (the taxpayer), so they have to have dangerous diseases and viruses and such, anything to scare the sheep to justify its existence. Nowadays, they've been politicized and weaponized as tools to force an agenda to "save the planet," and a few swollen-headed experts running the show know better than you. How many times in the history of our species have some rulers tried to force human nature into a cookie-cutter top-down society or mold mother nature to do their bidding, causing one catastrophic disaster after the other because they didn't understand anything about ecology and how everything is dependent on everything to one degree or the other; the butterfly effect; mother nature knows all, and we crap all over her every day. In our defense, we do not know what we do; we're still immature.

Over the past three years, I've lost a lot of respect for scientists, doctors, hospitals, and big pharma, where we have seen the curtains pulled back on Oz the Powerful metaphorically. They're all beholden to someone for something and, therefore, controllable in one way or the other, not the American people they are supposed to serve. Mostly, it's for the money, human nature 101, page 1. Are there good ones? Sure, there are, but it's hit-and-miss at best unless you've known one of them for years. I'll be 70 in a few months, and finding a good doctor within the right specialty nowadays, even in Houston, can be challenging. Most are young, lacking experience, and up to their necks in student debt, working with big-time health provider-patient mills, which help them with said debt for x number of years to pay it off. When I was a practicing engineer, to get commercial and even more so with civil projects done, we had to work with various disciplines of scientists on various impact studies for the fed, state, and local governments, so they all got their cuts; it's a racket, I can promise you—many with universities. As long as the requested "fees" are paid to the right people by the right people, things move along slowly, by design, but moving nonetheless. Buck the system, and you're in a world of... well, you get the picture.

Be skeptical. I'm reminded of something Mark Twain said...
"When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
Keep that in mind, I have for the past 20 years now, and it's served me well. I'm a bit of a loner as is, but my health has me down, and all I want to do I get out of town and on my own once again.

re: Not saying that Scientist are always right.....or even that they always have a hidden agenda.

I agree that scientists are not always right, but I also have a real hard time believing the majority of them could keep some kind of global science conspiracy a secret. For the most part I think the majority of the science community are trustworthy. Individuals, like any other group, maybe not so much. So, when I read articles like this one, I try to do enough research to confirm it isn't a "one-off" and then pay close attention.

As someone that boondocks often I tend to trust my water filtration too much. I probably need to rethink that.
Here's how to KNOW if a "scientist" that pushes anthropogenic "climate change" or told us that the AVERAGE death rate during the plandemic was 99.8% or said that "the shots are safe and effective" is telling the truth...

If their income relies on government grants (i.e.TAX PAYER money, and most do directly or indirectly, then it's safe to assume that they are following the narrative in order to protect their job.

I wish this wasn't so, but this IS the world we live in now.

It's hard to believe scientists or politicians when they don't live what they preach.
And as always 'follow the money'.
Three cases, and it's declared an epidemic on the Gulf Coast, really? .....

Being dyslexic, I first read 'epidemic' instead of 'endemic'.

I wouldn't worry about something that accounts for 6 deaths a year. Plus, I was taught at a young age to not swim in green water. But some people have to pee on an electric fence to find out for themselves.

Being mobile one has to constantly keep up with the hazards in any new area we are in.

It's hard to believe scientists or politicians when they don't live what they preach.
And as always 'follow the money'.

Being dyslexic, I first read 'epidemic' instead of 'endemic'.

I wouldn't worry about something that accounts for 6 deaths a year. Plus, I was taught at a young age to not swim in green water. But some people have to pee on an electric fence to find out for themselves.

Being mobile one has to constantly keep up with the hazards in any new area we are in.
Meh, three cases a year neither endemic or epidemic has a dog that will hunt in this meadow. It could be happening elsewhere on some isolated beach and no one has discovered it there, yet. Why? It happens too infrequently, and therefore doesn't deserve all of this attention when we have so much more that does.

Is it receiving "all this attention"? The article cited at the top of this thread came from something called Video Elephant -- not exactly the Mainstream Media or the Deep State ... or anyone I'd go to for critical medical advice.

I read it as 'epidemic' also & as something new. It's just click bait, sorry I posted it. I was just curious if ir was a new pandemic starting.

For what it's worth to anyone here:

The New York Times best-selling author on the source of great bounty―and now great peril―all over the world.

Phosphorus has played a critical role in some of the most lethal substances on earth: firebombs, rat poison, nerve gas. But it’s also the key component of one of the most vital: fertilizer, which has sustained life for billions of people. In this major work of explanatory science and environmental journalism, Pulitzer Prize finalist Dan Egan investigates the past, present, and future of what has been called “the oil of our time.”

The story of phosphorus spans the globe and vast tracts of human history. First discovered in a seventeenth-century alchemy lab in Hamburg, it soon became a highly sought-after resource. The race to mine phosphorus took people from the battlefields of Waterloo, which were looted for the bones of fallen soldiers, to the fabled guano islands off Peru, the Bone Valley of Florida, and the sand dunes of the Western Sahara. Over the past century, phosphorus has made farming vastly more productive, feeding the enormous increase in the human population. Yet, as Egan harrowingly reports, our overreliance on this vital crop nutrient is today causing toxic algae blooms and “dead zones” in waterways from the coasts of Florida to the Mississippi River basin to the Great Lakes and beyond. Egan also explores the alarming reality that diminishing access to phosphorus poses a threat to the food system worldwide―which risks rising conflict and even war.

With The Devil’s Element, Egan has written an essential and eye-opening account that urges us to pay attention to one of the most perilous but little-known environmental issues of our time

The Devil's Element: Phosphorus and a World Out of Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.