Happy Memorial Day

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remembering my family members who served in the military. My father was one of the sailors who were on PT boats in the Pacific during WWII. Of course he made it through safely or I and my siblings would not exist

Two of my brothers served in Vietnam, the 3rd was in West Point during that time. My son's father was in the Navy when I met him and he did duty on a river boat patrol in Vietnam and later on an offshore replenishment ship.

My son fights all his battles as a gamer. He is very fortunate that is the only type of combat he will ever know and has never had a family member to worry about coming back alive from a war.

My dad's older brother drove a landing craft in the invasion of Iwo Jima. It became disabled on the beach and so he grabbed a machine gun, headed to a sand dune and propped it up on the ridge. Of course it did not work but it caused his position to be mortared. He spent six months in the hospital at Pearl, came home, got married, had three kids and lived into his 80s. Lots of other relatives served in WW2.

Good rendition of our National Anthem at a 1994 baseball game.

Latest posts