Greetings Nomads!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RTWesty

Reaction score
Hi there! I am a new forum member, a 56-year-old single man, not yet retired but have time during July-September each year to hone my vandwelling skills.  I’m still very new at this but really enjoying the challenge of getting out there and learning as I go.  I have a medium-sized friendly dog who goes everywhere with me.  I love VW buses and have a Vanagon camper van for summer excursions.  I’m getting ready to head out from home base in Iowa to find higher, cooler elevations in the mountain West.  I have a solar system to help extend my stay off-grid.  I thought it might be fun to meet up with others from this community and learn how you are all making this lifestyle work for you.  I plan to go to Colorado and find boondocking sites around Leadville (got that tip from one of Bob’s videos) but may go elsewhere if I can’t get away from the crowds in Colorado.  I prefer boondocking away from people but would love to camp for a few days with folks who share similar sensibilities of respect for nature and embracing the minimalism of vandwelling. I’m not into the partying lifestyle but socializing with a beer or two is fine. If you have any tips or can point me to any helpful resources, I’d be eternally grateful!  Thanks and have a fantastic summer wherever you are/will be.

Russell

Welcome RTWesty to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Highdesertranger

I forgot to mention: if anyone knows of any gatherings between mid-July and mid-Sept in the mountain states where one could join in, please let me know. Thanks!
Russell

Welcome to the forum new friend. I hope your summer excursion goes well for you. If you ever call me just let me know and we can meet up if you want.

This stupid dictation software I need to read over better I meant to say if you ever “come east” Not if you ever call me. I think that sometimes the software changes it after I proofread it.