Great photo of a ruined sidewalk.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
while on the topic of ruined sidewalks this one has a story to tell... sad and funny at the same time.
sidewalk.jpg

Attachments

• sidewalk.jpg
    sidewalk.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 19
I am not seeing what is so great about the pic, I don't get it LOL I am in a DUH moment with the cones and words LOL,, HUH? what connection am I missing here :) :)

With all the laws against guns, the outlaws will still get them and trampling the laws on the way as I see it and couldn't agree more.

A fitting metaphor for the stuggles of politicians, the NRA, and the public who all have to deal with criminals in one way or another.

Cones pic alludes to the idea that we have all these safeguards and laws but criminals will still do whatever they want...  it's just the nature of the animal. 

Scooter pic gave me a chuckle, seems the cement equivalent of 'you damn kids get of my lawn'.  Perhaps needs a caption, 'little Johnny explains to mom exactly how he lost his scooter and got cement all over his clothes'   Could also be a rather unique artistic statement if the scooter was embedded further, after the cement dried...   :dodgy:

RoamerRV428 said:
what connection am I missing here :) :)

If you don't think ideologically, you might miss it. Try a different example: vehicular fatalities. With so many airbags, crumple zones, speed limits posted everywhere, seat belts laws and warnings galore, how is it possible that vehicular fatalities are not a thing of the past? I'll tell ya how: connections! 

"Accidents" don't care about your "safety precautions." That's why they're called "accidents." Which leads us to the final connection: your airbags, crumple zones, speed limits and seat belts are not safety measures at all! Rather, they are part of a larger, incremental conspiracy to impinge upon your rights as a vehicle owner.

AAhhhhh, that was all deep, but I get it now!!!! I just couldn't see it for some reason, my old brain might have lost too many brain cells to care anymore. My mind is in 'travel and leave me alone' mode mostly now HAHA
thanks all

Wow, all that from a sidewalk picture?
Some deep thinking going on in here.

eyelinder said:
Which leads us to the final connection: your airbags, crumple zones, speed limits and seat belts are not safety measures at all! Rather, they are part of a larger, incremental conspiracy to impinge upon your rights as a vehicle owner.

Not really sure how ^this^ fits in to the "subject" in the picture.
Ones ability to go buy/build any vehicle(s) has not been infringed.
...and you can remove any one of those safety features without the threat of federal prosecution.

(A very different scenario.)