Got financial aid for school!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calibound

Reaction score
Finally got approved for Stafford loans for LPN to RN transition program here in FL. I had to pay prerequites out of my own pocket over the past year and was accepted into the program in May. I have been jumping through a lot of hoops but finally looks like I'm going to start the program august 21st. Anyway, after I finish school end of April 2018 I will be headed to San Diego to work for a year in ICU or ER and then travel nursing after. This has been a long hard road and now I'm in the final stretch. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer and try to stay cool.

I knew a Nurse Recruiter who had plenty of jobs going for young women just out of Nursing School.  One of her most popular was one where the girls lived in some of the large "romance cities" for 6 months at a time before moving on to the next job.  She had Chicago, San Antonio, Miami, Boston,  LA,  San Diego,  San Francisco,
Savanna, and a bunch of others. 

There are plenty of agencies like hers that can do the same thing. 

As for having an RV or Rig of some kind to live out of,  you may be a trend setter.  Would be nice to be mobile that way and not have to pay most of what you earn for an over priced apartment.   So you could have a good time, retire any debts early,  and if you find a place you really really like,  fire up the rig and drive there.  Then find a nice Trailer Park to set up your Rig if you can do it.  

Good luck with it.

That's true !
I know one.
Most of the hospitals let her stay in the lot in her class B van.

AbuelaLoca said:
Congratulations!! Your hard work is paying off!

I've been a lpn since 2010, but finally went back to get RN since my daughter moved out to go to college and now I can focus on school. I wish I would have done this 20 years ago. On well better late than never. I've never been out west, but watching all the stories on YouTube has got me excited to travel west. I will be sure to come see some of the California members next summer. I still need to mount solar panels and batteries before then.

Latest posts