Good Free Genealogy Site

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gr8ful

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't been into genealogy but I didn't know much about my dad's mom's family. I found familysearch.org a free site by the COTLDS & got as far as my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great Grandfather & Grandmother from 1715 in N. Carolina in just a few minutes. I looked on ancestry.com & they said the 1st record of the name in the US was 1920 & there's only 3 family's listed with the name. My Grandmother was born in 1888 & passed in 1981. I was her youngest grandson, met my wife at her funeral & we just had our 43rd aniv. I was told we were here long before the potato family.

I haven't been into genealogy but I didn't know much about my dad's mom's family. I found familysearch.org a free site by the COTLDS & got as far as my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great Grandfather & Grandmother from 1715 in N. Carolina in just a few minutes. I looked on ancestry.com & they said the 1st record of the name in the US was 1920 & there's only 3 family's listed with the name. My Grandmother was born in 1888 & passed in 1981. I was her youngest grandson, met my wife at her funeral & we just had our 43rd aniv. I was told we were here long before the potato family.
U looking for long lost fugitive relatives?