GIRLS' ROOM!!! We just broke up

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F350Girl

Reaction score
Who knows what tomorrow will bring if maybe we just needed a night alone. I been thinking is it the best for me? How will my dog take it? I know my dog was more attached to me but will she miss home and him? What is the dating world going to be like, will I be able to love again? Maybe it will be good for me since I'm only 20 years old my bf was in his 40s we been dating for 3 years. I'm just now starting to go back to school and he is dealing with his Family.

Yeah. I know many people will think that. I thought I was in love. Maybe I wasn't.

Maybe spend some time alone, just you and your head, get comfortable with you before you share you again.

Couldn't agree more. You got to be okay with your first!

Very few humans (if any) can love you as much as your dog already does.

One step at a time. While it may have felt good at the time, I think reality will show you once the initial shock and disappointment is over that you deserve someone of your age who appreciates the music you "grew up with" (are growing up with) and the shows and the fads and the thoughts etc that quite frankly someone much older or younger simply cannot share with you.

It's tough to see you go through such "what if" questions etc., but you will get through this... and I suspect you being a strong person will rise to the top and make a better life for yourself. You dog will adapt according to how you adapt.

Dogs adapt much quicker than humans. I guess they move forward and when their needs are met, all good!

At 62, I know a thing or two about aging, my parents were 10 years apart and my son and his wife are 11 years apart in age. "Age is just number." That always cracks me up these days.

I think you dodged a bullet on this one if you are planning to do a lot of traveling and/or start a family later on. All those things you might want to do will already have been done by a 40 year old.

So, good for you and probably the dog too! If you both keep active, you won't have time to think about the past. On to the future!

Ah, to be 20 again! All the things I would do differently!

Snow Gypsy: "Ah, to be 20 again! All the things I would do differently!"

Only if you remembered what you learned in the previous 42 years!

A friend once said that it's a pity that when we are young, we have lots of energy and don't know much, and nearer the end it's the other way around. She said that needs to be reversed!

How are you doing F350 girl? Please don't take any of our comments as minimizing what ache you may be experiencing... it does feel like failure I'm sure.... we are all trying to encourage you to move on....you can do this!

Yes, "youth is wasted on the young".

Sorry this happened to you. Consider a young man if you are looking for aging together. Certain age, men loose some abilities, statistics say. I started out dating older men when I was young so I know the allure.