GIRLS' ROOM!!! I thought we lost this

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaxtonsgram

Reaction score
Hi.  How is everyone? It took me 2 days but I finally found the girls room. I thought it was gone. I may not post much but I like to think of this as my coffee break group. Glad this is still here. Have a great day everyone. Nora

Yes, I like the girl's room too! I like the idea of a coffee break!

I know the fellas can read in here, but it's sure nice to have a place where things like "putting the p-style inside or outside the labia" can be discussed with relative (as much as the net allows) privacy.

I'm glad also! I do wish they couldn't come in here though. I still don't feel very free even though I really don't have anything private to say anyway. Silly huh?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cammalu:  I don't think it's silly at all. That is how I think exactly. Ive nothing against the guys but just feel mmore free here. Nora

Well ladies, I can suggest an alternate avenue. There is a group on Yahoo groups called Van-Incidentals2. It has gotten a bit quiet lately, but it is a great group of women who have all the same issues we discuss here. And it is moderated to keep out the guys. I guess one could fake his identity and request membership, but it doesn't seem likely. They call themselves Class Z RV's because they are more likely to travel in vans and hatchbacks than Class A or C.

Queen said:
I know the fellas can read in here, but it's sure nice to have a place where things like "putting the p-style inside or outside the labia" can be discussed with relative (as much as the net allows) privacy.

...kinda awesome.
Also lol'd

Queen said:

I am almost 70 years and I still have no idea what you are talking about. At first, I thought you were referring to which way one is supposed to hang the toilet paper.

Never mind. I Googled it. I thought it might be something interesting I could do with DH. ( The gutter was my mind's second destination 'cause I am getting old.) But it doesn't seem to be a "couple's" activity.

My friend Krista sells the pstyles! :)

I mostly hang out in the main groups but duck in here every once in awhile.

There are issues that would be nice to have "totally" private (as much as one can have on a public forum!)...  has anyone asked officially if it's possible on this board?  Might take too much server space, idk.  I'm sure the guys have some private issues regarding this lifestyle too.

Other issues that might not have any good solution for private convo are about self protection and carrying cash.

Just wondering, what would your reaction be if the guys wanted a place on this board where women could not go? I never heard that they had a No Girls Allowed place, here. As far as privacy of any kind goes, forget that on the internet.

I don't care if they want a private room

I don't either. I wouldn't even bother to go there to eavesdrop. They can chat about whatever they please -- who cares??? If you don't like religion, stay away from churches.

I think a lot of men end up in here due to using tapatalk. When I read posts I just keeping going to the next post under unread.

Many sites have private forums.  The admin sets it up and you have to ask permission.  Qualification depends upon the forum use .... on one Christian forum site the area that is private is for those with abuse or mental health issues.  Usually you have to be posting a bit before you even find out about a private forum, and then you already have a pattern of posting the admin can view to help "verify"... and any breaking of the rule and you're banned from the whole site (which helps keep trolls away too.)  That site also has a teen area that is private.  Another board has a private forum for those who have been there and supported the site, been supportive.  Just about anyone can qualify but the main thing is that no PUBLIC eyes can read what is posted there.  Not something this board had in mind when it began, right? :D

I would have no problem with men having their own area too... even if just something out of public view (have to join to read there?)  

There is a post/thread somewhere on here that explains why there isn't a man room. I consider the women's area to be a benefit or a luxury of this board since it's about all types of things in regard to cheap mobile living. There are other groups out there that cater to women only and are set up privately for that reason. This is more of a general board that covers a little bit of everything in the specific topics, at least that's how I look at it. If I remember correctly Bob is trying to be inclusive and making private rooms is directly opposite of that.