Getting Started

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:) I've made the decision to become a Van Dweller, so now I'm in the process of getting started on this new adventure. A little about me first, I was born in Indiana, but grew up in Alaska. I graduated high school in Seward, AK. in 1965, so that makes me 67 now. I had spent most of my life up there, but family reasons I ended up in the lower 48. Now I'm retired and living in Washington State, not too far from Spokane. I love traveling, drove the Alcan Highway 20+ times, and across the country twice, not counting all the places I've flown to. I've all ready been downsizing for several months now, and a big yard sale in the Spring should take care of the rest of it, and what's left will get donated to the Good Will. I've gotten into recreational prospecting and metal detecting, so this is going to be part of my future plans. My son lives in Anchorage, AK, and I plan on spending a good part of my summers up there, and my Daughter lives in Texas, so a month or so of my winter time will be with her. I'll have to work out more details as I go, but, basically I hope to prospect my way north in the Spring and south in the Fall, and hopefully meet other van dwellers along the way. I'll put a post in occasionally to let people know how I'm progressing. This website is great and I've read most of the how to articles at least twice.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome and good luck on your adventure! I used to be avid about metal detecting, one of my favorite hobbies. I cant wait to get back into it again! Gold prospecting has always intrigued me so I plan on getting involved with that before long.