G20?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a 93 G20 it did pretty good on gas best i got 18 ,far is the ice studded snow tires but ice is crazy to drive on

I have a 87 gmc 2500 van camper and it gets around 16 mpg, handled ok in the last ice storm we had. 

<FONT size=4><P>I sure love my GMC version of the same model. Mine is a 1994 construct. Has over 131,000 miles on it and&nbsp;delivered 16 miles per gallon on a trip this week of around 500 miles. And the luxury of the convenience over all those trailers and Class A and C&nbsp;motor homes I had make the van doubly smuggly.&nbsp;Now, there's a word for you,&nbsp;&nbsp;</P></FONT>

Chevy makes a great van! But get it checked out by a mechanic first. Looks like a great vandwellers van as long as you don't need stealth. Take a close look at where the high-top is attached to the roof for signs of leaks and rust. If it were me, I would be very interested! Bob<br>

Ugh it was all moldy. Like down inside the walls. The guy came down to $400 but it just wasn't healthy in there. Too bad cause it seemed really good mechanically.

As a prior certified GM mechanic, I would stay away from a G20.&nbsp; The 350's were mostly 2-bolt mains and&nbsp;grossly underpowered.&nbsp; This&nbsp;often causes rod/main bearing issues.&nbsp; In fact, I had a 1994 G20, and it was gorgeous.&nbsp; But, it had a noisy bearings despite only having 70k miles on it. <br><br>Just some FYI, Tara... <br><br>A.J. &nbsp;<br>