Free E books

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a post apocolytic book

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01L..._SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=free+kindle+books

Back
Description
Product Description
"This might be one of the best zombie books I've read."
"You WILL NOT be disappointed!"
"(A) refreshing new twist to the traditional zombie apocalypse tale."

From the back cover:

Eight years after Z-Day, the surviving remnants of mankind face the unknown. The fences and walls kept the ravenous undead at bay until they wasted away. A once overwhelming foe has turned feeble and weak, and a world gone wild seems ripe for reclamation.

The scars of the long war run deep. And hope is a dangerous thing when the real enemy might just be the survivors themselves.

"A Place Outside The Wild" is an epic tale of survival 626 pages in length.
Review
"This book purposely has what other zombie books I've encountered lack: a sense of existential hope . . . a clear shot at my Dragon Award postapocalyptic nomination . . ." - Alfred Genesson, Injustice Gamer

"(T)his is a good, solid read ... offers a refreshing new twist to the traditional zombie apocalypse tale." - AlteredInstinct.com Review

"(T)he zombies in A Place Outside The Wild make the ones in The Walking Dead look like fuzzy little puppies." - agoldoffish.wordpress.com Review
About the Author
Daniel Humphreys geeks out for movies, target shooting, and football. He has worked in Fortune 500 IT for over two decades, and resides in southern Indiana with his wife and children.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

For western lovers

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06X...C_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=free+kindle+books

Description
This Classic Western Stories anthology by Golden Deer Classics contains the following stories:

The Last of the Mohicans - James Fenimore Cooper
The Prairie - James Fenimore Cooper
Astoria - Washington Irving
Malaeska, The Indian Wife Of The White Hunter - Ann S. Stephens
The Bridge of the Gods - Frederic Homer Balch
Salomy Jane - Bret Harte
That Girl Montana - Marah Ellis Ryan
The road to Frontenac - Samuel Merwin
The Virginian, A Horseman Of The Plains - Owen Wister
The Log of a Cowboy - Andy Adams
A Texas Matchmaker - Andy Adams
Chip, of the Flying U - B.M. Bower
The Outlet - Andy Adams
Cattle Brands - Andy Adams
The Spirit of the Border - Zane Grey
Reed Anthony, Cowman - Andy Adams
The Lure of the Dim Trails - B.M. Bower
Heart of the West - O. Henry
The Last of the Plainsmen - Zane Grey
The Happy Family - B.M. Bower
Hidden Water - Dane Coolidge
The Danger Trail - James Oliver Curwood
The Heritage of the Desert - Zane Grey
Wells Brothers - Andy Adams
Riders of the Purple Sage - Zane Grey
O Pioneers! - Willa Cather
Kazan, the Wolf Dog - James Oliver Curwood
The Hidden Children - Robert William Chambers
The Rustlers of Pecos County - Zane Grey
The Phantom Herd - B.M. Bower
The Hunted Woman - James Oliver Curwood
Gunman's Reckoning - Max Brand
The Lone Star Ranger - Zane Grey
A Voice in the Wilderness - Grace Livingston Hill
The Lookout Man - B.M. Bower
Wildfire - Zane Grey
Cabin Fever - B. M. Bower
The Treasure Trail - Marah Ellis Ryan
My Ántonia - Willa Cather
The Thunder Bird - B.M. Bower
Riders of the Silences - Max Brand
The Untamed - Max Brand
The Desert of Wheat - Zane Grey
The Night Horseman - Max Brand
The La Chance Mine Mystery - Susan Morrow Jones
The Seventh Man - Max Brand
The Mysterious Rider - Zane Grey
Black Jack - Max Brand
The Rangeland Avenger - Max Brand
The Scalp Hunter - Robert Ervin Howard

Here's one more...an adventure tail by John Muir.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XCPD71P?storeType=ebooks

Back
Description
Product Description
John Muir relates the story of his 1881 voyage aboard the steamer Thomas Corwin, which set sail from San Francisco for arctic waters off the coast of Alaska in search of a ship tragically lost two years before.

John Muir (1838-1914) also known as "John of the Mountains", was a Scottish-American naturalist, author, environmental philosopher, glaciologist and early advocate of preservation of wilderness in the United States. His letters, essays, and books of his adventures in nature, especially in the Sierra Nevada of California and Nevada, have been read by millions. His activism helped to preserve the Yosemite Valley, Sequoia National Park and other wilderness areas. The Sierra Club, which he founded, is a prominent American conservation organization. The 211-mile (340 km) John Muir Trail, a hiking trail in the Sierra Nevada, was named in his honor. Other such places include Muir Woods National Monument, Muir Beach, John Muir College, Mount Muir, Camp Muir and Muir Glacier. In Scotland, the John Muir Way, a 130-mile-long route, was named in honor of him.

In his later life, Muir devoted most of his time to the preservation of the Western forests. He petitioned the U.S. Congress for the National Park bill that was passed in 1890, establishing Yosemite National Park. The spiritual quality and enthusiasm toward nature expressed in his writings inspired readers, including presidents and congressmen, to take action to help preserve large nature areas. He is today referred to as the "Father of the National Parks" and the National Park Service has produced a short documentary about his life.

John Muir has been considered "an inspiration to both Scots and Americans". Muir's biographer, Steven J. Holmes, believes that Muir has become "one of the patron saints of twentieth-century American environmental activity," both political and recreational. As a result, his writings are commonly discussed in books and journals, and he is often quoted by nature photographers such as Ansel Adams. "Muir has profoundly shaped the very categories through which Americans understand and envision their relationships with the natural world," writes Holmes. Muir was noted for being an ecological thinker, political spokesman, and religious prophet, whose writings became a personal guide into nature for countless individuals, making his name "almost ubiquitous" in the modern environmental consciousness. According to author William Anderson, Muir exemplified "the archetype of our oneness with the earth", while biographer Donald Worster says he believed his mission was "...saving the American soul from total surrender to materialism." On April 21, 2013, the first ever John Muir Day was celebrated in Scotland, which marked the 175th anniversary of his birth, paying homage to the conservationist.
Book Description
Muir's account of his trip aboard the steamship Thomas Corwin on its treacherous and awe-inspiring voyage from San Francisco to the Arctic to find a lost ship.
About the Author
John Muir (1838-1914) was one of the most influential conservationists and nature writers in American history. Founder of the Sierra Club, and its president until his death, Muir was a spirit so free that all he did to prepare for an expedition was to "throw some tea and bread into an old sack and jump the back fence."
Excerpt. [COPYRIGHT SIGN] Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.
“These people interest me greatly, and it is worth coming far to know them, however slightly. The smile, or, rather, broad grin of that Eskimo baby went directly to my heart, and I shall remember it as long as I live. . . . Some of the boys, too, lads from eight to twelve years of age, were well-behaved, bashful, and usually laughed and turned away their faces when looked at. But there was a response in their eyes which made you feel that they are your very brothers.”|Here he describes a polar sunset at midnight: “At midnight the sun is still above the horizon two diameters; purple to west and east, gradually fading to dark slate color in the south with a few banks of cloud. A bar of gold in the path of the sun lay on the water and across the pack, the large blocks [of ice] in the line burning like huge coals of fire.”

Have not read it (so not sure of how ethical/legal, but it fits with how I think most members here lean); ... but currently free for a limited time --- check before you "click":

How To Make A Living Off The Land (Without Owning The Land)

https://www.amazon.com/Make-Living-Land-Without-Owning-ebook/dp/B06XK4TL39

In How To Make A Living Off The Land, Danny Wayfinder shows you how to lead an outdoor lifestyle of fun and adventure—and earn a decent income.

Danny has trekked thousands of miles all over the northwest – he's logged over seven thousand miles in 5 different states – and has funded it all by collecting nature's bounty along the way. Rather than work the 9 to 5 he has discovered how he can do what he loves – spending time in the great outdoors – and make a handsome living.

Danny is a non-traditionalist. He does not believe in working a traditional job, but he also did not have the means to homestead due to the traditional system hyper-inflating the costs of land and equipment to do what should be available to all. Thinking creatively, he discovered a system which allows him to get back to mother nature, while still being able to provide for the necessities in life.

Not content to keep this system a secret, Danny tells you exactly where to go, what to collect, and how to do it. Everything he reveals is available to everyone. This system shows you how to work with nature's ecosystem, not against it, while simultaneously contributing to it to make it better.

In this easy to follow guide, you will learn how to harvest the different bounties nature has to offer, and where you can do it legally, and for free. Learn about others who make tens of thousands of dollars per year harvesting this easy to find natural resource, along with many others revealed in the book.

In the old west, people dreamed of owning their own land, homesteading, and farming the land, without the intervention of bureaucracy or government. This dream can still be realized without ownership titles, or unrealistic loans from greedy banking corporations. This incredible novel will teach you how to do it.

Camping Cookbook - Learn to Cook in the Wild and Amaze Your Friends!: 60 Great Camping Recipes Kindle Edition
by Sean Connell (Author)

https://www.amazon.com/Camping-Cookbook-Learn-Friends-Recipes-ebook/dp/B06XQSLCMP

This cookbook will come in handy for each of your camping trips that you plan this season. This book will make camping for beginners easy when it comes to planning meals. The camping cookbook will also provide you information regarding the ingredients essentially needed to cook food over campfire and charcoal.

These 60 camping recipes will turn your trip into unlimited fun and a trip full of deliciousness. One tends to become more active when their appetite is satisfied with their favorite food. Greasy and processed foods will only make you lethargic and you might miss out on discovering so many places while you are out in the woods. So enjoy these delicious recipes on your camping trip.

To keep your drinks and other food items cool without ice you can freeze the tins of soup, chilies and pasta sauce and later pack them in a cooler. Moreover, buy a good pair of insulated leather work gloves. They are durable and necessary for handling sizzling cookware. You must also pack fresh fruits and vegetables for a campfire. One of the pros of bailing on frozen items is that you can always eat fresh fruits and veggies raw as a snack and they have more flavor as well as nutrition.

Fade (Paxton Locke Book 1)

I really enjoyed his last free book linked a few posts above...just got this in an email:

"Hopefully, by now many of you are enjoying your free copy of "A Place Outside The Wild". My giveaway was a great success and based on the flood of reviews, many of you loved reading it as much as I did writing it.

So, just to keep things going I'd like to give you a heads up. Today and tomorrow only my latest book, the urban fantasy "Fade" will also be free. It's a bit of a change of pace compared to zombies, but hopefully something that piques your interest. Check it out here."

Woodcraft and Camping Kindle Edition
by George Washington Sears (Author)

https://www.amazon.com/Woodcraft-Camping-George-Washington-Sears-ebook/dp/B06XS7XPT2

First published in 1884, Woodcraft and Camping is a classic outdoors manual that has never been out of print. Author George Washington Sears, the Father of American Camping, fills his short book with concise advice on camping, hiking, building a fire, cooking out, shelters, tools and equipment, hunting and fishing, canoeing, and more.

Convert your car into a Minicamper: Step by step guide for the camper-conversion of your car Kindle Edition
by Joerg Janssen (Author)

https://www.amazon.com/Convert-your-into-Minicamper-camper-conversion-ebook/dp/B06XR98VKJ

✔ TRANSFORM YOUR CAR INTO A MINICAMPER !

You can't afford a VW campervan, a caravan or motorhome? ...This DIY manual shows you step by step how to turn your vehicle into a small Camper Van. It offers a lot of storage space for all of your gear and even fits a cooler, a gas tank and water canisters, so you are independent while outdoors.

✔ SLEEPING IN YOUR CAR !

✔ SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS TO BUILD YOUR OWN MINICAMPER !

✔ THE WHOLE CONVERSION FOR LESS THAN 500 $ !

For the whole project I spent less than 500 $. I used very high quality materials. The most expensive part was the wood. If you use simple wood, this conversion can be done for less than 250 $....

✔ UNIVERSAL APPLICATION FOR ALL KIND OF CARS !

✔ NO CERTIFICATES NEEDED!

You don't have to make any changes to your car. The whole system can be mounted and disassembled without any permanent changes of the interior. All conversions can be reversed without a single mark on your car.

✔ MATERIAL LIST, TOOL LIST,EXACT MEASUREMENT, TECHNICAL DRAWINGS AND PICTURES !

This manual explains from start to finish every step you have to take to build this system. It includes all costs, exact details for every materials and tools. You will find technical drawings and colored pictures so you already have the end result in front of you to orient yourself. Every step is explained four you in detail.

Bug Out Vehicle: A Step-By-Step Guide On How To Build An Affordable and Quality Survival Vehicle To Evacuate Your Home In An Emergency Disaster Scenario Kindle Edition
by Ronald Williams (Author)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XWNC16V

Questions you must be asking yourself include:

-What are some situations where I would need to use a bug out vehicle?
-What qualities does a good bug out vehicle need to have?
-What specific types of everyday vehicles are suitable for bugging out that I can afford?
-What should I pack in my bug out vehicle?
-What skills will I need for when I’m out on the open road?
-How do I maintain my vehicle for the long term?

This book is going to answer each of these questions and more to make sure that you are fully prepared to bug out on a moment’s notice when disaster strikes.

By the end of this book, you will know how to take a normal everyday vehicle, how to equip it for bug out use, and learn the skills you need to safely drive yourself and your family out of a disaster zone during a catastrophe.

Medicinal Plants: 25 Medicinal Plants You Can Find In The Forest: Identify & Harvest: (Medicinal Herbs, Alternative Medicine) Kindle Edition
by Nathan Sempers (Author)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XVDGX66

An introduction to the power of the medicinal forest plant and why they are an excellent alternative form of medication.

10 of the most common forest medicinal plants; how to identify them and harvest them as well as the health benefits they offer.

10 fruits and nuts produced by forest plants. Again, there is a guide to identification, harvesting and the medicinal benefits.

An additional five plants with the best methods of identifying them, using them, harvesting them and the benefits they can provide you with.

Thirsty Boots Nomad said:
Medicinal Plants: 25 Medicinal Plants You Can Find In The Forest: Identify & Harvest: (Medicinal Herbs, Alternative Medicine) Kindle Edition
by Nathan Sempers (Author)

Not free any more. Must have gotten the internet hugged to death. And all free available are gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How to Keep TICKS from Biting You Kindle Edition
by D.D. Grimes

https://www.amazon.com/How-Keep-TICKS-Biting-You-ebook/dp/B06Y188DMJ

How to Keep TICKS from Biting You. This book shows ways to keep ticks from biting you and to keep them off your body and clothes. Included in this book are Natural Recipes for tick repellent along with information about other chemical repellent that can be used.
Also included in this book are the dangers of tick bites, which includes Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. Please protect you and your family from getting tick bites and read this book for further understanding of the dangers of tick bites.

Check price before you click ----

Krav Maga Self Defense For Everybody: A Complete Course

https://www.amazon.com/Krav-Maga-Self-Defense-Everybody-ebook/dp/B06XZH8PZJ

Krav Maga a self defense system from the I.D.F.
(Israel Defense Forces) for high risk situations.
What you will find: Basic Hand to Hand Combatives
-Escapes From Holds and Chokes-Ground Fighting
-Defense From Knives and Handguns attacks
-Fight against multiple attackers and much more

Check before you click to make sure price is still free:

Top Mountain Bikings [Print Replica] Kindle Edition
by John H (Author), Jonh H (Editor)

https://www.amazon.com/Top-Mountain-Bikings-John-H-ebook/dp/B01MR8ILPE

This edition carries mountain bike enthusiast to a whole new level of mountain biking. Also included is how to avoid injury when biking and stretching for mountain bikers in four easy. It is an interesting read.

Limited time offer (check price has not returned before clicking)

The guide to SUV and RV camping: Buying an SUV, RV Types and basic car camping

https://www.amazon.com/guide-SUV-RV-camping-Buying-ebook/dp/B01J47K87E

Are you looking to buy an SUV?
Are you in RVing or want to buy an RV but know nothing about them?
Are you new to car/SUV/RV camping?

This ebook will teach you all this and more!

I will tell you and teach you about:

Buying an SUV (pages 4 - 15)

RVs - guide, types and more (pages 15 - 23)

Car camping - basics, essentials and safety tips (pages 23 - 33)

This guide is created based on my research and my own experience. I am an expert on this topic and have been for years.

Are you ready to learn about SUVs, RVs, how to buy them, what the different types are and how to become and expert car camper?