• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Free bus on craigslist. Needs work

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The someone left it and no title is sketchy. I know of an instance where someone collected an abandoned bus only to get accused of stealing later.

The owner came to collect it back with a group of guys armed with weapons. Better then a group of cops with a grand theft charge I guess.

ridgeway said:
The someone left it and no title is sketchy. I know of an instance where someone collected an abandoned bus only to get accused of stealing later.

Can't do much with it with no title. The landowner needs to apply for abandoned property paperwork.

You see ads all the time on CL for vehicles with a lost or missing title and they say that a buyer,"Can apply for a title, it's no trouble". LOL.

Can the owner be traced using the tag numbers?

Lien hold papers w the local dmv. 30 to 60 days notice to last owner on the books, then claim it. Most mechanic shops can do it, because people abandon cars on them. Our mechanic had to do it recently with a legit private sale because the owner parked it and never registered it for years. Only way to get paperwork on the thing. Get the vin off the dash if you can see it, run the number? Call the local police to check it? All kinds of fun things you can do to be safe. Especially on Craig's list.