Four Shillings Short- vandweller musicians

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twokniveskatie

Reaction score
<div>A couple of years ago I met a couple in a truck stop in New Mexico. They were vandweller musicians who traveled around the country and overseas playing their music. We have missed each other over the next few years, always on opposite sides of the country. Last Friday, I caught up with them here in Pa and got to see them do their gig in person. What an experience!&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div>I'm posting a link to one of their songs that I taped, and will try to post photos of the 30 instruments they travel with under their bed :)</div><div><br></div><div>I thought this song fitting for our mission here at cheaprvliving. Although when they ask "do you want to carry a sword or a beacon" I frankly want to carry both. Please.&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Helvetica; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.296875); -webkit-composition-fill-color: rgba(175, 192, 227, 0.230469); -webkit-composition-frame-color: rgba(77, 128, 180, 0.230469); -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; "><a href="" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-result="0" target="_blank"></a></span>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: '.Helvetica NeueUI'; font-size: 15px; line-height: 19px; white-space: nowrap; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.296875); -webkit-composition-fill-color: rgba(175, 192, 227, 0.230469); -webkit-composition-frame-color: rgba(77, 128, 180, 0.230469); ">http://www.art.net/~4ss/AboutTheBand.shtml</span><div><br></div>I want to include their website. Their concerts are generally free. They sell CD's to make their living. They have some home bases around the country and in Cork Ireland, with family. But they are true wandering minstrels. Aodh Og and Christy are there names. Aodh Og recently broke his leg, and like many of us, has no health insurance. Their story is pretty incredible, if you get a chance to see them somewhere. Tell them you are vandwellers, you will get a very warm reception!<div><br></div><div><br></div>

<P>Thanks Kati, I was just about to look up 4 shillings short. It must be wonderful to travel the world with one's soulmate. Re edited, my assumtion about soulmates. I would think you better be real good friends to travel that much in a va.</P>

Sounds like the perfect life for me. Even if it's completely amateur, like driving from place to place and then busking on a streetcorner for money to eat and get gas to reach the next city.<div><br></div><div>I really wish I knew how to play an instrument. I was a singer in college, but I have no talent for instruments at all.&nbsp;</div>

I like that sound is that classical folk? Good message in the song to.

I believe I've seen them before at this Greenbelt, MD show<br><br><br>

That's them Cherry! I can't wait to see them again....somewhere on the road!