For a mere $197.00 You can learn how to convert your van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is installing his solar wrong...

find the obsession about monetizing every bit of knowledge to be irritating. Lets make money off the making money off the making money.

Guess its providing a paid service where one is needed. Just hope the customers get more than a feeling of value. That they get something substantial.

I give my customers a link to this site when they need it. Perhaps 3 or 4 a week.

Ha,Ha! I have to give the guy credit for packaging his information in a different form, and offering it for sale. I guess for people that are too lazy to find that information for free by looking on here, or using google, then this should suit them fine.

Based solely on his reactions while drilling into his roof, I'd think that he's never drilled through or cut steel before. While it shouldn't be necessary on sheet metal, a drop of oil can help the bit drill through the steel. There will always be metal shavings left behind. I question why he wasn't prepared to deal with that. Also, a bit of masking tape would help protect the paint from the jig saw.

well P.T. Barnum said it best. there's a sucker born every minute. yeah a little masking tape and a sharp drill bit would go a long way. highdesertranger

I am willing to bet that trailer is seriously over weight. that's only a 7k trailer max. take off the weight of the trailer frame and running gear and that house would have to weigh under 5,500lbs. I doubt it. highdesertranger

yes it was Guy. yum, I wonder how many pumpkin pies you could get out of that. enough to make me sick cause I would try to eat them all. lol. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
I am willing to bet that trailer is seriously over weight.  

I wonder what hipster mobile one would attempt pull that thing with?  :huh:

NomadMike said:
Ha,Ha! I have to give the guy credit for packaging his information in a different form, and offering it for sale. I guess for people that are too lazy to find that information for free by looking on here, or using google, then this should suit them fine.

More power to the guy. No one is forcing anyone to buy his books. My daughter keeps saying I need to write a book on how to convert a skoolie. I never will though. But the deal is this... There is more than one way to convert a skoolie. I'm sure the same applies to vans as well. That said, yes, I have bought books on how to convert highway coaches. I actually found more info on the forums. But it's nice validation to see in print what others are telling you that you are crazy to do.

You can get this same sorta thing on youtube, not sure i understand. There are tons of conversion videos up there. In fact im going to be doing 2 very soon, and others here have done some too. Seems overpriced. Now if it was a live, in person, hands on sort of thing where hes answering questions and demonstrating etc i can see how compensating his time might be justified.

For the folks who pay for his 'training', it's all about Authority. They can Trust him to lead them truly because he is a Bonafide Authority (he said so, didn't he?) and they could trust an Authority, so they paid him their Money, and he will share his Wisdom with them. And it will be Good!

Those RifRaf on Youtube? What can THEY know? Pah!

Oh, My, did I forget to set that font again?   :angel:

Latest posts