FAA Admits Names And Home Addresses In Drone Registry Will Be Publicly Available

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B and C said:
What terrific shots that could be had at the RTR (if the wind wasn't blowing). :cool:

Exactly!!!!

My friend James and I are making videos together and he has a young brain and could figure it out easily. I'm seriously considering getting one for the RTR and he gets to play work with it over the winter and I take it in the summer. 

My dog Cody is going to be one of my videographers at the RTR with a GoPro on his back. Him on the ground and a drone in the sky and we got it covered!!
Bob

I have a drone and is registered. The address thing don't concern me, you can do a simple search for about $2.00 and you have anyone basic info. About peeping tom, I personally used for photography of open areas in the desert or woods, not interested in taking picture of people. Scenery is what matter to me

akrvbob said:
I have zero concerns about having to register it or that being made public. Total non-issue to me.
Bob

If they went to your registered address, you would surely not be there. lol

I am surprised that they do not require a FCC licence as well. I believe radio controlled model airplains used to require a licence to broadcast their control info to the plane.

No one's address is private in the US. If you know their name you can find their address. Owning a house in the US makes your address public. You can go to any town's website and find every owner's name, address, and what they paid for the house, and how much their real estate taxes are online in a few minutes.

The websites that say they can find someone's personal info for $5 work too. Used them a few times to collect money owed to me.

This thread is too long. I just want to say, good thing to have a public registry. As I can't shoot the damn things, I want to find the "pilot".

DannyB1954 said:
I am surprised that they do not require a FCC licence as well. I believe radio controlled model airplains used to require a licence to broadcast their control info to the plane.

Most all new drone transmitters operate in what is called the ISM (Industrial, Scientific, and Medical) bands, and you dont need a license in those bands, mainly 2.4 and 5.8 ghz, although there are a many other slices of radio frequencies available for drone use.

Bluetooth, Wifi, baby monitors, cordless home phones, and microwave ovens all operate in those bands.