Excited to free

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eagle of flight

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Gosh! I am so envious of all of you. I sure hope to join you in 2017. I am currently at St. George Island Florida for the winter helping a friend build a house. I must admit that Florida is not my cup of tea. Too many biting insects, and snooty people. I will go home to Tennessee in March to enjoy gardening for the summer. I do a lot of dispersed camping around there. Especially in the Cherokee National Forest near to Tellico Plaines Tn. I read in the last post of the rendezvous about a man named David that brought oak firewood from Tn. I would love to meet someone in my area that likes to hike and camp around Tn in the summer. He or anyone else is free to contact me. I don't have a van, but I do have a well equipped 13 ft fiberglass Burro pull behind camper. I really look forward to getting out there next year. Would be there now but I really feel obligated to help my friend........ Keep sending the great pictures and post. I can hardly wait for next year. While I do love my quiet time alone it would be great to share some times with other like minded people. Have fun. Joe English. Email: [email protected].

Wow, you picked a beautiful spot :) I'm in Tallahassee and love St, George but it is high priced to live there. Tennessee is also really nice from what I remember.

Those Burro trailers are cool, I'm sure we'd all like some pictures of it :)

On the flip side, we only have insects in FL because they aren't frozen... ;)

Welcome to the forums!

Hello and welcome from snowy Michigan Eagle. I am not able to full time yet, but I do a lot of back country camping out of my Jeep Wrangler. Spent a week in the Smoky National Park and Cherokee National Forest two years ago. Beautiful back country. I have been thinking about spending a week this spring at the Land Between the Lakes National Rec Area in West KY/TN.

Welcome to the forum Eagle!

My wife wants a Casita, but a 'reasonably' priced used one is hard to come by out here, because they get snatched-up super quick.
(I bought her a Prowler TT for using in the meantime.)

Yeah, we'd love to see that Burro!

You sound like a stand-up person the way you stick with your friend. Kudos!

Hello form the Oregon Coast!! :D

Joe! Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hope to see you at next years Rtr. Thanks for the invite to meet up I'm not in TN but do pass through once or twice a year.